Garmin 93SV map transfer

How do you transfer the maps of the sd card to the unit so you can put another card in for the active captain stuff. When I look in the data transfer part it says there are no files on the sd card, but I know the maps are there.

2. Member
    You may have to use the map card for ActiveCaptain. Others do.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Active Captain won't download maps, gets almost done and crashes, been going on over 2 weeks. it does the free maps but does not do the one I paid $200.00 for, which is kinda ironic. Whole system is starting to, to, well never mind.

4. Member
    I had the same thing happen months ago. I called Garmin support and they mailed it to me on a card. Give them a call.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Strange, they'd been having that issue in the past, but had it resolved as far as I was aware. The easiest way to download your maps is to use Garmin Express to download them to a microsd of your choosing.

6. Member
    hold up, now that I reread your first post, are you trying to put the updated maps on the internal memory of the chartplotter?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    hold up, now that I reread your first post, are you trying to put the updated maps on the internal memory of the chartplotter?
    Yes, I bought the G3 Ultra maps and want them on the internal memory of the unit so I can use the slot for an update card. I own it all, it's all regerstered to me, so I should be able to install it where I want it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    Strange, they'd been having that issue in the past, but had it resolved as far as I was aware. The easiest way to download your maps is to use Garmin Express to download them to a microsd of your choosing.
    I did just that, but I want them on the unit itself. I don't want to have to leave the SD card in all the time.

9. Member
    Not a 100% positive on this, but I don't think you can do that. I think I've read on the Garmin site that only the regular G3 maps can be loaded into internal memory, not the G3 Ultra maps, they can only be resident on the card. Can anyone verify this?

10. Member
    Here you go: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1029784

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    I did just that, but I want them on the unit itself. I don't want to have to leave the SD card in all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stayafloat View Post
    Not a 100% positive on this, but I don't think you can do that. I think I've read on the Garmin site that only the regular G3 maps can be loaded into internal memory, not the G3 Ultra maps, they can only be resident on the card. Can anyone verify this?
    Yes, this is correct. Ultra mapping only runs from a card, can't transfer to the MFD.
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    Active Captain still not downloading, or up grading.Uninstalled is all, deleted all relevant files, still doesn't work. Everything looks the same, no mater what setting. Tan ground, stupid looking little white lakes with nothing. Raster says it;s not downloaded yet click the download, wait a day, nothing happened. Now they want me to pay $99.99 to upgrade the $200.00 map I just bought that only works half azz. I did find out the FISH EYE view is worthless in 6 foot of water or less. At 6 feet it starts with a mind of it's own. I damn sure ain't paying another $99.99 for a $200.00 that doesn't work. The people at Garmin act like we are to stupid to change flashlight batteries. I spend more time between the phone Active Capt phone crap and the Fish finder not working right than I do fishing. Total waste of $1500.00 - And on top of it all they sold it to me know in was obsolete when they handed it to me.

Excuse the rant but I'm just pissed

13. Member
    I used to have this problem using the Chrome or IE browser in Windows when downloading large files. They weren't maps but beta software versions that were quiet large files. It would download forever, get nearly done, then crash. I switched to the FireFox browser and the large downloads have worked ever since. With FireFox even if it crashes the download it has an option to restart from where it crashed. Works well. I don't know if that's your problem but it might be worth a try.

14. Member
    I have tried Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Opera, same results. On my phone I have the installed browser for Samsung 9, I don't use Chrome. I have tried the phone data download, I have tried to wifi it on my home system, same results. Giving up, to many other things to worry about. One of these days I will read on here they fixed it all, maybe, and I will try again. I'm edge casting right now with a spinner bait, no need for a depth finder.

15. Member
    Don't forget. I had the same problem, called Garmin and they mailed me a card.

16. Member
    I have the 93 ECHOMAP UHD and updated them today. Do I need to leave the sd cards in them for the update is it all saved to the internal memory? Reason I’m asking is I only bought one sd card to do the updates. Sorry for the stupid question, just new to this. Thanks