Depth jumping all over.

106sv with ls 32 depth is jumping all over the place. I also have lowrance hds 9 up front that is showing consistent reading. Any thoughts?

2. Member
    I would check to see if the voltage is good or jumping all over or just low, then I would check the connections of the transducer to the unit and the unit to the cradle.

Pop the unit in and out of the cradle, check connections for corrosion and make sure it seats really well when you put it back. Unscrew the transducer connection and make sure it is dry and clean and then screw it back in. Also see if wiggling the transducer cable where it screws in causes or fixes the problem.

3. Member
    Voltage never has dropped below 12.2

4. Member
    I am sure you have already checked but are you running the depth set in automatic mine does that some when running in auto.

5. Member
    Keep depth in manual. Did check all connections. Will try next time I get to go.

6. Member
    i had the same issue.... i actually dialed back my gain a bit and its been fine since.

My buddy had the same issue and told me about it. I think my gain was high enough that I could see a slight double return of bottom. The unit didn't like that so again, something to try.
    NPAA #803

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    106sv with ls 32 depth is jumping all over the place. I also have lowrance hds 9 up front that is showing consistent reading. Any thoughts?
    I have the 126 and my depth also jumps my Volts are over 12.5 I'm in deep water and have the depth set at 45 feet . I don't need to see the bottom. I'm trolling
    1 23APR20_1022_00.jpg
    In this snap shot it is showing the right depth. but it does jump and go back to the right depth.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    I have the 126 and my depth also jumps my Volts are over 12.5 I'm in deep water and have the depth set at 45 feet . I don't need to see the bottom. I'm trolling
    1 23APR20_1022_00.jpg
    In this snap shot it is showing the right depth. but it does jump and go back to the right depth.

9. Member
    Mine just started doing it last time out.