Thread: 5.2 yesterday

5.2 yesterday

Water temp was 55.4° Went to put some slabs in the livewell. Didn’t catch any that I considered keepers so I put the UL away and picked up a rod and made a couple cast for a bass.

Nice one! I actually picked up a 6lb 6 oz today. I got a pic of the scale and a pic of the fish but not together. Be nice if these lakes weren't so busy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    Nice one! I actually picked up a 6lb 6 oz today. I got a pic of the scale and a pic of the fish but not together. Be nice if these lakes weren't so busy!!
    wasn’t too busy, looked like maybe 25 boats on the lake. Didn’t have any problem with crowding

The kayaks are whats killing around here. Was out the other day and there were probably only 20 or so boats but upwards of 40 kayaks! Insane!! Yesterday wasn't bad because the wind was up some. I'd hate to see what it looks like out there today with the calm wind!

5. Banned
    Nice one Dave! Ol' Manaswamp still putting out some big ones.
    I'm with you guys, people need to get back to work. Every nice day makes the ramps look like 4th of July. Don William's had 25 trailers in the parking lot on the 80 degree day 2 weeks ago. I've never seen more than 10-15 there at once

I'm going out of my way to fish in the bad weather just to get away from the crowds

6. Member
    That's a good one ! Glad you got out, a lot of our ramps on the river are still underwater.

"heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

8. Member
    God dang, usually just strippers that big from there!

The kayaks are whats killing around here. Was out the other day and there were probably only 20 or so boats but upwards of 40 kayaks! Insane!! Yesterday wasn't bad because the wind was up some. I'd hate to see what it looks like out there today with the calm wind!
    I was on Werhspann yesterday and the amount of kayakers were insane! Maybe 50 or so? Only a few actual boats. Now I’m not complaining by any means as they didn’t seem to cause any problems with anyone. Just seems like a bunch to me.

Did you do any good out there? I went last week and only got 2 shorts. Used to be my favorite local lake but I can't seem to find them anymore!

Did you do any good out there? I went last week and only got 2 shorts. Used to be my favorite local lake but I can't seem to find them anymore!
    We were just crappie fishing but we did catch the fire out of them. All little ones though.

Yep. I finally gave up on the LM and fished for some crappie myself!