New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Need to lose 15 to 20lbs by August

Got a call from my dr. telling me my AIC had gone up from 6.4 to 6.7 and he wanted me to start taking a pill for it, I told him I would rather try to do it without a pill and try diet and exercise. So I cut out just about all my sweets which is hard and stopped drinking Gatorade and Sprite. What should my carb intake be I'm 6'0 tall and weigh 240 right now will try to walk once the weather breaks if ever...lol I fish as much as I can and work around the house and my 2 sons houses as well that's about my exercise level, I'm retired and with social distancing it isn't easy to get out there right now.Not a gym kinda guy tried last last winter didn't last need some imput???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member
    You are not going to want to hear it but your carb intake should be 20 grams per day or less. Mine is near zero most days. Animal products only. Blood pressure back to normal and feel like a kid again.

5. Member
    I love carnivore myself. Steak, Chicken, Shrimp, lobster , Turkey meat, Butter, Salt . Dr. Berry has hundreds of videos on Youtube, read the comments below his videos to see how great the carnivore or Keto is.

6. Member
    quit the sugar drinks - quit eating potatoes and white bread. I would kill for an A1C of 6.7. I take max metformin dose, max glipizide dose and also started farxiga this week. get it under control, as you get older it doesn't get easier.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    I lost more than that on Keto. But, I can only manage to stay on the Keto deal for about a year. I've done it twice now. What I seem to stick with is very little processed foods. I've combined that with 16-18 hour fast and managed to keep the weight off for a couple years. Very little soda, no chips etc... really think about everything you eat thats processed. Of course walking or some other movement helps.

Have you watched this?