Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
I will definitely post an update after I get her out on the water this weekend

If it helps at all, I got the ultrex w/o link and I only got the us2 ducer. I am still going to run my HDSI ducer on the front with my 898. If you don't want all of the fancy bells and whistles to follow contours, etc. its a bit cheaper lol
Welp, I’ve had it out a few times now and all I can say is damn I love this thing!

It is leaps and bounds better than my old TM, granted it was the original one that came with the boat from ‘06. I never realized how jerky my old TM was until I got this one. Obviously the spot lock is freaking awesome, but one of the most underrated things about it to me is the fact that it isn’t full power right as soon as you hit the pedal. There is a ‘ramp up’ to speed. I no longer find myself losing my footing upon hitting the TM when on more than 1/2 power.

I would definitely recommend one to anybody that is looking to upgrade! The ability to operate with the remote is pretty sweet. Makes it easy when loading/unloading at the dock. Drive up, hop out and steer the boat out from the dock with the remote, hit spot lock and then go get the truck and back in, then steer the boat back to the dock with the remote, hop and and trailer it. No more getting the boat beat up at the dock in rough water (always is here in the summer). Another sweet thing is if you fish any electric only lakes, you can drive the boat with the TM using the remote and sit in your drivers seat and graph all around the lake with the console unit.