Banned

Question moving batteries to middle of boat, mid ship.

Has anyone ever done this? I bought lithium relion 12 volt 75 amp batteries and would like to move them to the tackle storage area in an attempt to gain room in the back of the boat. Also looking to improve hole shot. Had 3 31 trojans that weighed nearly 80 pnds apiece. All three relions don't weigh what one trojan weighed. The relions are also about half the size of a shoe box and they charge up in about a hour. 2100 w/ 250 pro xs
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 05-24-2020 at 10:29 AM.

2. Member
    I moved mine to the center storage compartment....best move I made. what do you need to know?
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

3. Banned
    Did you see an improvement on your hole shot. Im trying to see if I can get to the point where I can get rid of the trim tabs. They were after market and the bolts strip out...then I have to 5200 them back in. Also making space for two power pole pumps without having it look like a Chinese puzzle.

4. Member
    You might want to also try one of Chris Bailey's hydrofoil plates. They really help get the boat up on plane, as well as keep it there at lower running speeds. It won't have as much influence as your trim tabs, but it will make a very noticeable difference. I just tested one on the brand new 20'7" Gambler, and also learned that the foil also helps lot in rough water. I wasn't really looking for that, or expecting it to be honest. The foil is typically way up out of the water when you're running, however when the boat starts to heave bow up in big waves you can actually feel the foil touch down on the water surface stopping it. It keeps the boat much more level (front to rear), and as such the bow doesn't come down nearly as hard into the face (or trough) of the next wave. In general you just tend to stay more on top of the waves, and the decreased momentum on the fall makes it much less likely to stuff one. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experience. I highly recommend trying one. https://drewcraft.com/product/bailey-hydrofoil/ I have no affiliation with them. Just an honest account of my experience with the product.
    - Heath

5. Member
    95 209; moved 3 batteries into the center storage area. Improved hole-shot and boat sits much more level. Highly recommend it.

6. Member
    Disconnect batteries and try out different placements out to find the best balance.
    On my 19'6" I have 1 troll batt moved to front center (on a piece of starboard fitted with hold down), 1 troll factory location, starting batt factory location.
    I tried both trolling batts up front and it would fall forward off the pad, that's why I recommend try it out before wiring and everything.