360 & 2d interference

I've been running 2 g2n helix units on the bow of my boat for close to 2 years. 1 is a DI model with the tm di ducer, the other has no transducer connected and is use solely to view 360. A few weeks ago I started getting a bad wagon wheel effect on the 360.

Ive seen it occasionally when I'm in shallow water over hard bottom from the si ducer in the rear so I turned the sonar off at the console and still had it. Some more tinkering and I found out its my front transducer giving me the interference.
    Turn sonar off and the wagon wheel is gone. The di on the bow is set at 800mhz as it always has been.
    I then changed the connected transducer on the di unit to a generic 2d thinking it would turn off the di on the unit and fix the issue but it's still there.
    Anyone have any ideas why I'm suddenly getting interference from my di ducer on my 360 when nothing has changed?

2. Member
    Anybody?

You've never seen this before? Did you recently update firmware or do a factory reset?
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

4. Member
    I'd never seen it before until a few trips ago it started doing it. I haven't updated or changed anything

“suddenly” occurs because something has changed. Trolling motor wear, damaged prop, or water intrusion, damaged cable, wiring changes, are some possibilities.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I have a similar setup to you. I have a Helix 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N with the trolling motor transducer and a Helix 10 G3N DI + unit that I only use for my 360 with no transducer connected to it. On my Helix 12 in the Chirp setup I turn off the DI chirp settings and I have the connected transducer set to I believe 83/200. I always see a little wagon wheel effect on my 360 and it's worse in shallow water. For the most part the wagon wheel on my 360 isn't bad so I can live with it but I would like to eliminate it all together. I don't use the DI at all and if I knew how to disable it I would. I've always thought that if you run a sonar at 455 it would cause the wagon wheel on the 360 so I don't use it on my other graphs when the 360 is running. So it seems that you have some other graph running 455.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. Member
    I was getting interference on both of my bow units, the “wagon wheel” effect on my Helix 12 with m360 and a pixilated rain effect on my Helix 9 connected to my Ultrex MDI. I could shut off either unit and the other would completely clear up. I finally ended up using the #1 filter setting on both units which cleared them up.