Help easy my mind getting into a used Legend

Well, i finally have the ability to shop for a new to me boat (selling my current boat this week) I have ALWAYS been a Legend fan boy since the day I saw a 211R at Lake Fork. Ive always wanted one when I had the opportunity, which i now do. Good friend of mine has a 2018 V20 he build and i fish out of that a ton. Love the boat to death! I was crushed with Johnny bought out Legend, just for the fact parts and support will be hard to come by. So I'm looking at possibly getting into one, along a looking at used 20' Rangers and Phoenix's.

I'm currently looking at used 211R's since my budget is about 40k.

2. Member
    I was in your same situation about a year ago. I ended up buying a used 2014 211R from a member on this site after doing a lot of research. There is still a decent supply of parts from Great Lakes Skipper. It is my understanding they got all the parts from Legend when they were shut down. Also, there is a guy, I think his name is pete, that works for WRM, that came over from Legend and he was very helpful in answering questions I had. I have been very pleased with mine. It rides and drives great and I like the way it fishes. Mine has a Mercury. The trailer was made by Easy Loader out of Midway, Arkansas and you can call them, give them the serial number on the trailer, and they have all the specs and can send you whatever parts you need for the trailer. One thing to note, if you would be the second owner, the hull warranty can be transferred to you by reaching out to Pete at WRM and they will honor it, but you only have 30 days to do it. I didn’t know that until it was too late and I missed out on being able to do that with mine. To each their own, but I wouldn’t hesitate buying another one if the right deal came along, but I hope this one lasts me for a very long time. I’d be glad to answer any other questions you have if I can. Good luck!!

3. Member
    I do not have a 211R but I have a Alpha 211 2013, which the 211R came out right after. I would not hesitate to get a Legend, I have not had any problems with mine. With that said, BenR is correct about the trailer and Great lake skipper. I have talked to Pete several times and he has always took care of me. My boat came from Sartins Marine at lake fork, Billy still takes care of me. Hope this helps.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

4. Member
    I have an alpha 211 and having been in several other boats
    I'm pretty happy to stay in it if something were to happen I would be on the lookout for a 211R lol
    Although the deck in the V20 is pretty ridiculous

5. Member
    Also, there is a guy, I think his name is pete, that works for WRM, that came over from Legend and he was very helpful in answering questions I had.

Just as a note for future reference, Pete is no longer with WRMG they let him go a little while back and all info, warranty, or any questions will be handled by someone in a cubicle up in Springfield MO at the BPS corporate office.

6. Member
    I didn’t know Pete was no longer there. Thanks for the info.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Figure Randy can still source anything for you and was my understanding he was handling warranty issues. https://www.qcfiberglass.com/. I bought my Champion 210 in March 2011. Champion had been shut down for a year, but my hull and 2 others were still being built under the Stratos badge until 2013. Other than the digital switching unit, the only things Champion proprietary that I've needed is some of the plastic panels. Beach Customs here on BBC and FB and Select Marine Products have been able to provide Champion owners with those plastic parts. Everything else is 3rd party vendors. I wouldn't let the fact that Legend is out of business slow me down if that is what I really wanted. Just be sure and go over the whole boat to make sure you know what you're getting.

Good Luck!!

8. Member
    Thank you guys!! going to test drive a 211R Saturday!

9. Member
    I have a 211R 2017
    Have enjoyed it ever time out. In rough water she like to run with little trim and get it on smooth ride.

no regrets

10. Member
    I feel that my 2011 Alpha 211 is the most solid boat I’ve been in and should anything happen to it, I would quickly be on the look out for another. I know there’s a sweet looking ‘14 211 with less than 200 hours from what I’ve been told for sale in town that is tempting to me, it’s just a hair above your price range.
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

I have a 2014 Alpha 211R with 250 ProXS 190 Hours on engine. Love the Boat and rides like a dream, never had an issue and parts are available through Great Lake Skipper. I'm the second owner and Pete transferred the warranty to me when i bought it, but honestly if you don't have a problem with a hull in the first couple of years, you most likely won't. anything else is covered by your insurance if you ever hit anything.
    Before that, i bought a 2008 Alpha 211 (Boat #10) straight from the factory when i was a Pro Staff at the time. that boat had 4 owners now here in New England and i still see it in tournaments and it looks beautiful as the day i had it.
    I'm Looking to upgrade to a V20 or V21 only if i find a clean one with colors i like. I won't hesitate buying a Legend even if they don't make them anymore because i know they will last you longer than anything else out there.

12. Member
    I have v20 best all around boat know other boat compares

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    Just as a note for future reference, Pete is no longer with WRMG they let him go a little while back and all info, warranty, or any questions will be handled by someone in a cubicle up in Springfield MO at the BPS corporate office.
    Say it ain't so

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I have v20 best all around boat know other boat compares
    This with a 300R v8