Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    After round two at the shop, the problem is... Fuel Lift pump. They wanted to replace the entire FSM for almost $1200.

I brought the boat home and order both the lift pump and high pressure pumps for less than half of that.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Some shops have had enough problems with FSM’s that they simply replace the assembly. Not always necessary... but in many cases a good consideration.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-22-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Unfortunately that wasn't the end of it. As I was installing the new fuel pumps I double checked the float switch while I had it apart. Imagine my disgust when a learned the real problem was a bad float switch. $55 and another week later...

Of course, replacing the FSM would have solved that...

4. Member
    Float switch replaced. Runs great!

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TD121 View Post
    Float switch replaced. Runs great!
    Interesting stuff. Good thread in case I ever have similar problems with my 115 4 stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12