DAYTON AREA MEMBERS

Does anyone have any interst in reviving the Thursday night hustler on the GMV?
    West carrolton ramp above the low dam. If anyone is interested please reply.. if enough guys would like to fish, we can discuss times, rules,limits etc, and get a consensus view that everybody could agree on..
    when I fished it way back they were allowing fish over 10 inches to be weighed. For one it’s illegal to posses that short fish , and no one ever benefited from weighing them.. all it did was drag 10/11 inch small mouth around for no reason.. two rules I would like to see in place if it were to come about would be no jet boats/ tunnel hills.. ( sorry Whittaker , on the slight chance you could make it, we should just hand you the money at the ramp and fish for fun..)
    and a cutoff at the power lines..
    reply below or send me a PM if you are interested. Thank you, and slip some drag along your way

Man, that hurts!
    Back in the days of the 10" limit fishing was much harder, now the GMR is fishing much better. You also wouldn't have to rule out jets/tunnels if the cut off was the power lines, since there is no advantage then to those boats. Let me know if you get much interest as I know a couple other guys that might want in if you get it started back up. You could also stop by Fishermans Headquarters to see if they know anybody that would be interested.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

3. Member
    Thanks brad, and yes , one or the other on the ruling would make a level paying field.. Haven’t been in Fishermans for a while, too much time and money going into the house.. You know..they have that one case in there... I can’t go past without putting a dent in it!! any help would certainly be appreciated, and congrats again to both you and Sara as new parents!! I’ll let you know how much interest I get..Id definitely want someone else willing to run things at the ramp who could be there pretty consistently. Not that I would mind, but having a schedule that varies, I wouldn’t s always be able to make it..

I like that case! Thank you, we are both very excited. That is always the problem, a lot of people are hit or miss on making it.
    Brad Whitaker

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Yep,, fishes pretty good now. WC Ramp area....brother lives at the ramp in WC(convenient for me LOL) and caught a couple 3 and 4 pound smallies..love that river. Fished it since the late 60's when it was polluted to now. Saw it go from nothing to hot. Overlooked gem.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Member
    Nice ones sir. !!

7. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I would love to but work 2nd shift at DCH. But on a side note, if you do get it going then someone else would take all the money......other than me!

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Great fish Art! I hope we don't get enough rain to jack up the river for this weekend. I want to chase a few smallies!
    Brad Whitaker

9. Member
    I live down the road, and have never put my boat in the river. Is there anything that I should worry about or know about if I do and where to go! I would like to put my 11 year old boy on some smallies!

West Carrolton and Moraine are the safest ramps to use with a boat. There are some shallow areas to watch out for. Starting from the WC ramp going up river; Holes creek there used to be a gravel bar that came out about halfway across the river. Then you want to stay in the center of the river. There is a shallow flat that crosses the entire river above the Moraine ramp from the mouth of the pond up to the rowing ramp, do not shut down here. Then after that I would only idle once you get to the end of the steep rock bank on your right. There are places in the river that can cause trouble but like any body of water be careful until you know the area. Hope this helps Blaze.
    Brad Whitaker

11. Member
    Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitaker201 View Post
    West Carrolton and Moraine are the safest ramps to use with a boat. There are some shallow areas to watch out for. Starting from the WC ramp going up river; Holes creek there used to be a gravel bar that came out about halfway across the river. Then you want to stay in the center of the river. There is a shallow flat that crosses the entire river above the Moraine ramp from the mouth of the pond up to the rowing ramp, do not shut down here. Then after that I would only idle once you get to the end of the steep rock bank on your right. There are places in the river that can cause trouble but like any body of water be careful until you know the area. Hope this helps Blaze.

12. Member
    Hey Brad -- I assume that you use your Tracker most of the time in the GMR, but do/have you ever put your Stratos in at WC? Or would you believe that would be risky due to many shallow areas? FYI, I have a 1996 Astro 1850 DCX w/ Mercury Optimax 150.

You can fish that pool out of normal bass boat you just have to watch those areas I mentioned above. I have ran my Stratos down there many times. You just have to be careful.
    Brad Whitaker