2013 RANGER 520C SETUP

Have been trying to get motor setup on this boat. I have been 2.5 to 3.25 on motor height. when it tries to throw a rooster tail it is either real wide or off to the starboard side and feels like there is a lot of slip. Motor is in the middle hole (250 pro xs), slidemaster 6" factory setup jackplate. 25 3 blade fury balanced and worked by Mark Croxton. when its below 2.75 - 3.00 it drives crazy. Any ideas share with me please

2. Member
    Never heard of a 520 coming with a 6" jack plate double check it should be an 8" slidemaster ranger likes to run a little deeper set it at 3.75 to 4.0

3. Member
    Put a 25 bravo xs on it and you'll be happy at 2.5 under pad.

4. Member
    yes i must have fat fingered that one, it is 8"

5. Member
    going that deep what will that do for chine walk when trimming up

6. Member
    Not sure my z520 is a 2008 but I don't think there's much of a difference in the hulls but mine brand new was setup from ranger at 4" below pad on an 8" slidemaster with a 26 tempest with the large pvs plugs and that thing was a rocket 78 gps by myself light load and I would trim it to the quarter mark on the factory ranger gauge if I trimmed any higher I started to lose speed and as for driving it was crazy that boat drove it self never would chinewalk easiest boat I ever drove

7. Member
    Yes I had a 2006 Z21 with a 250 xs on it and it was a rocket and NO problems with driving that one. But everything I'm told the hulls were a little different. Thanks for your comment tho I appreciate it.