Thread: New Guy in TN.

Exclamation New Guy in TN.

Wife and I just moved into our new home in Loudon (Tellico Village). I have both a bass boat and a kayak, so looking forward to learning the lakes around here. Odd time to move, but neighbors so far are really nice—from six feet away.

I have a red skeeter zx190 which I will be pulling up from Texas in a few weeks. Keep an eye out for me. I will be the “no fish” guy for a while. Cannot wait....

2. Member
    Welcome to TN, even though I am in Georgia.
    Chick, Watts Bar and Chatuge (GA/NC border) are where I hang out.

3. Member
    Welcome to TN! Congrats on Tellico Village - hope it is everything you want it to be. - should be a little quieter life up there - on and off the lake.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Welcome to Tennessee, doubt that we will meet up on my travels but welcome to your new home and fishing grounds. When I am out that way I usually will be on or around Dale Hollow.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

5. Member
    Welcome to Tennessee!! Im on the west side of the state on the Tn river

6. Member
    Better get that boat on over here, Dan. Fish are bitin' on Tellico. Hope the move goes real well. I'll look for that Skeeter. Plenty of bug boats on Tellico. There is a good Skeeter/Yamaha dealer down the road from the Village. Look up Madisonville Marine.

7. Member
    Welcome

8. Member
    Welcome. I split 50/50 (except this year) from Houston, TX to Fairfield Glade, TN (near Knoxville). Watts Bar is my closest big lake, but Chick and Dale will get some attention this year, also.

I think that you will find TN residents friendly and fun to be around.

9. Member
    I live in the bottom of the village, its really nice here, fishing has been good lately

While I made the opposite move (I went from TN to TX) I grew up fishing Loudoun, Tellico, Watts Bar, and Chickamauga. Tellico is a very intriguing lake and you can easily go from there to Loudoun through the canal. Loudoun is full of smallmouth and Tellico is largemouth primarily. You might want to research the history on Tellico. The closing of the dam was delayed for some time because of a tiny fish that is only found there, and it allowed the underbrush to grow back in places. I remember that we were there several days after the lake got to full pool and there were huge slabs of barns, roofs, and other debris floating everywhere. And I'm certain that you have seen the silos that are still standing. A good map of the lake will give you some great places to fish that are off the banks.

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy life. Glad you got this move behind you.

Welcome, as I sit at my desk at work and look out the window, I can see Tellico Lake. I've fished it and Loudoun as they are close to home lately.

Plenty of great fishing within a day trip on this side of the state. Once reason I gave up most other things besides fishing lol.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

12. Member
    I just moved to Knoxville area as well from Wisconsin. I don’t know much about the lakes here either, so if you ever want to get out and learn them, let me know! I usually fish alone since I haven’t met many people
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS