Traeger Or Rec Tec?

I'm ready to stimulate the economy by purchasing a new pellet grill. I am familiar with the Traeger grills, but have read a lot of good things about the RecTec line. The ones I'm looking at are about the same price - which one do you recommend and why?

2. Member
    I have a Bull. I think its a great size I like having the app, I can start the grill when leaving work and its ready to go when I get home. Sometimes the alarms are finicky and dont alert you when you hit the selected temperature but I have not had any problems maintaining temp. I have the grill grates and cover. If you have a separate grill for high temps you dont need the grates the cover is well built. The only downside is it takes a while to get up to high temps.

Check out Camp Chef Woodwind grills also. A lot of nice features on them. A bit easier to clean out ashes and one of the few with an easy way to swap pellets out if you want to change flavors. Mine should arrive today or tomorrow.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

4. Member
    Rec Tec has thicker gauge metal than Traeger. Especially the grills grates. The are heavy and stainless steel. Stainless steel is important to me. I don't link porcelain grill grates. The controller holds the temp really well. On my first cook I had a controller question at around 5 CST. I left a message on CS voicemail. Didn't expect a return call until next day. They called back around 15 minutes later. They are in eastern time zone. So it was well after 6 pm their time. The question was actually me being a DA.

Overall the thing is a tank. My neighbor who has a Traeger couldn't believe how much better built the Rec Tec is vs the Traeger.

5. Member
    Green mountain
    Native Titan 10.5 Kayak

6. Member
    Hands-down Rec Tec! Just get whatever model you can afford and you will never be disappointed.

7. Member
    I own a competing brand but have been around the Traegers at stores and a friend has one. Based on research, hqnds down, go with the Rectec. Much better built and great service
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

8. Member
    Which grill did you end up going with?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye1 View Post
    Which grill did you end up going with?
    I'm going to go with the RecTec based on all the good feedback I've seen on their products. I also researched the Yoder's, but they look like something made for a true competition/professional type griller which I am not, and they are also very expensive.

10. Member
    You will not be disappointed.

11. Smallmouth Junkie!
    REC Tech has a PID a controller for more precise temp management. Grilla grill is the other company that I know of that offer a PID controller.

https://grillagrills.com/
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

12. Member
    I looked at Grilla the main deal killer was no WiFi. Wi-Fi is a great tool to monitor the cook at all times.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw