Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I caught two small largemouth bass on a single whopper plopper, each hooked on one of the two treble hooks. Got a pic some where, my buddy thought I staged the pic.

2. Half Fast
    While stationed in Hawaii on Oahu, we were fishing Lake Wilson ( Forrest L. Wood brought boats over to fish the national Redman finals there one year ), I flipped up on the bank and a ferret came out from under a log that was on the bank and ran off with it.

Also, while on leave back in Ohio, I was wade fishing the Stillwater and although I didn't catch it, I was tripped up by a purse handle. After getting back up and retrieving it, I managed to locate the owner who had been robbed and other than money, almost everything was still in the purse. This was in 88 and saving all those items was a lifesaver for a single mom. She happened to work at a bar and I was able to drink free for a night.
    Fishing, A passion my wife allows me to pursue !!!

3. Member
    Fishing Rod.

4. Member
    Didn't actually get a hook in him but came across this badly decomposed dead body in 2014. Lake Erie.

DB2.jpg
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

5. Member
    Tube sock on a crankbait.

6. Member
    A ladies wig on Okeechobee and a nice two pound rock in Indiana. The rock was scoreable.

7. Member
    6 ft alligator on a bandit crankbait. Never saw him, he was laying on the bottom.hooked him in the armpit.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Didn't actually get a hook in him but came across this badly decomposed dead body in 2014. Lake Erie.

DB2.jpg
    Ewww....we have a winner.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post

DB2.jpg
    Yikes...

10. Member
    Jar of moonshine.

I caught a rubber glove on a crankbait from the Mississippi by LaCrosse last year!

Caught a 4lb channel catfish on a popper. He smoked it too!

Last summer I was fishing a tournament and I caught a 22lb muskie on a jackhammer! Fortunately he was hooked right in the corner of the mouth. I had a net with the rubber mesh (way too small for a big muskie lol) and my buddy got the head of the muskie in the net and that fish surged and busted a hole right through the side of the net!! I had to pass my rod through the hole to keep fighting him!!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

I once caught....
    Al fishing for tree fish
    AL treed.JPG

Caught this sucker with my landing net because I could see he needed help. He had five or six lamprey eels on him. They are all all swimming with the fishes now, pardon the pun.
    100_6534.JPG

14. Member
    Caught a crane once throwing a zara spook, the crane was standing on a log in the water and I was working the spook down the side of the log and the crane slips and his leg and foot land on my spook which he then pulls away and guess what, he has the spook hanging in on of his toes as he takes flight. This bird was hollering and pooping as I was reeling him in from about 30ft high going round in circles. finally got the bird back down in the water and was able to grab his beak and had buddy get pliers and pull out hook. true story

A big ol' Drum...maybe 8 or 10 pounds I don't know.... on a dropshot rig of all things. Spinning rod bent double with 10# leader. Didn't have a net and really didn't want to boat him either so I just pulled him up to the boat so I could reach down with the needle-nose and send him on his way. Of course every time he got close, he'd splash around and get away from me....finally got him unhooked and off he went.

I didn't think much about it until I got back to the ramp later that afternoon. Another angler was on the other side of the creek and saw me fighting the big fish. When he asked me 'How big was that bass I saw you catch?", I felt like Bugs Bunny in the old cartoons where he would have the good angel Bugs in one ear and the evil devil Bugs talking to him in the other ear. But, honestly won out and I told him it was just a big ol' Drum.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

16. Member
    Fishing the running water below the spillway of our local lake... caught a dead dog. ick Caught a crappie on a plastic craw.. sort of... the line wrapped around the back corner of his jaw and the bait was dangling a few inches away. One day walking a local lake, I found a pair of wire cutters and stuck it in my pouch that I carry. Later, I went to another pond and snagged a nasty, muck-filled plastic bag on a Rattletrap. I wondered how I was going to unhook the bag without getting all schmucked up. Eureka! I used the wire cutter I had found just an hour earlier.

Hooked a big flat rock that weighed about 10lbs with a ratltrap. That thing darted around in the water like crazy.

Fishing by a public dock on the local river I pulled up a cheapo zebco combo. There was a young guy and his wife standing there and he said "hey thats mine!! I lost it yesterday!" I was like right... What kind is it? He named off a BR549 do waah diddly something or another. I looked at it closer and it was exactly what he said. I tossed it to him and kept going.

Lasso'd a bass that weighed just over 7lbs while drifting shiners below a bobber for crappie. The line went down it's side right behind the gills, under it's belly and back up the other side and the crappie hook was hooked to the line making a perfect snare.

Caught a soft shell turtle about 18" across in the river while drum fishing. That was a heckuva fight.

Caught half a dozen or so drowning victims, but we were fishing for them so I guess that isn't weird.

Caught a Nissan car in about 16' of water with a tow truck hook. Dropped it right in the drivers window and hooked the A post. Outhouse luck. Couldn't have done it again for love or money.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLg...p5PdhSA9Dw9cRA

02 Triton TR 18
    02 Evinrude 150
    Garmin Striker Plus 9SV

18. Member
    Couple of interesting catches. As teenager, me and my buddy were fishing in Cromelin's back pond with minnows on cane poles for bass. Corks were about 8 ft apart. He hung one, in the fight it jumped and threw the hook...came down on my line and got hooked. I landed his fish on my line..lol. Another pond fish, was topwater fishing in my friends pond, he was watching. I commented, those are some big grass carp you got in here. He says yeah, they have gotten big...you can't catch them, they wont bite anything. I promptly cast my Devil's Horse out in front of a couple that were feeding. One of them sucked it in and fight was on. Weighed between 9-10lbs. He says...huh....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345