Banned

Auto Bilge question for BCB Support

07 Puma, auto bilge pump inop.

1. Pumps work properly when manual position, to include all pumps. Wiring diagram indicate's the terminals 4 and 5 on the top portion of the bridge are the circuits for the pumps and float. Because all pumps work when chosen I have a suspension of what the issue is, a faulty A10 touch pad but looking for basscat to verify.

2. Bridged float circuit connections, harness side, pumps inop.

3. LED is lit on A10 pad in auto position.

4. Unplugged A10 pad and reisntalled plug, auto bilge inop

5. Verifying that facing the wiring block,starboard side to port, right to left, which wiring bridge on the block is the ground circuit for the auto bilge.

6. Am I describing a failed auto bilge circuit internally in the A10 pad itself
    Last edited by Phisherman; 04-19-2020 at 04:38 PM.

2. Member
    Have you checked that the auto bilge float assembly is working correctly?? Lift it and check for closure and continuity to make sure its not open?

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Banned
    I appreciate your assistance but the float and the float circuit has already been covered, by eliminating the float and bridging the circuit as if the float was engaged, circuit completed as stated in item 2.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    I appreciate your assistance but the float and the float circuit has already been covered, by eliminating the float and bridging the circuit as if the float was engaged, circuit completed as stated in item 2.
    Gotcha!!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

It sounds like a panel issue and these ATen units were dependable parts. Every once in a while one fails. There are over 10,000 ATen dashes in operation.

6. Banned
    "were dependable" something change? Ordered the part per your confirmation. Thanks

Hold it... let's be sure...

first, the auto only works when the switch is on AUTO.

second the pump operates on power from the panel, and the float switch has no power to it. It just says "Hey' I just tilted and my little ball went to one end and caused a contact", which is what happens when water activates the float switch.

The pumps get power from that panel, not the float switch. The switch just tells the panel it got a contact and the processor turns on the pumps.

There are internal heat sync discs (thermal disc) that regulate current flow. Those act as a fuse and heat turns the flow off in the sync.

Nothing is pump direct, so jumping those will have no intervention.

BCB

8. Member
    Not to hijack the thread, but is there a wiring diagram for the float switch to A10? Having auto issues too

Tks

9. Banned
    1... too late on the "hold it". Replacement part ordered first thing this morning after your reply.

2. I know how the "auto" works. I am the original owner.

3. Float unless I am mistaken is nothing more than a "ground" signal used in auto mode that tells the pump circuit it the A10 panel to activate, when circuit is completed internally by the check ball. No voltage signal received nor sent.

4. If there is an issue please PM a ph# to contact or tell me to call BCB and ask for an individual.

Sounds like your on it!

11. Member
    Which 2 wires in the bilge area connect to the float? 2006 PIV...tks

12. Banned
    Diagnosis was correct, faulty auto bilge circuit in the A10 Panel. Now if anyone is looking for a A10 panel as a spare,with an inop AUTO Bilge option, all other controls work, will sell it for 50.00 TYD.

13. Banned
    Just thought I would put this A10 out there one more time before I get rid of it.