Thread: 6 Beeps key on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 Beeps key on

Hey guys have a 2015 115 proXS S#2b110331

Went to test fire the engine in the driveway the other day, turned key on (not to start) and got an audible 6 beeps after about 8-10 seconds. I did have low oil in the tank, added oil and still getting the warning. Looked through the service manual and wasn't able to come up with anything. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Member
    possible float bad in oil tank cds scan will tell for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    possible float bad in oil tank cds scan will tell for sure
    The book reads 4 beeps was related to low oil, could it still be the case with 6 beeps.

4. Member
    and or sensor out of range
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Mercury alarm strategy changed a few years ago, from 4 beeps to 6 beeps, and I don't know if yours was manufactured after the change. Since there are many things that can cause a non-critical alarm, the best course of action would be to follow Joe's advice and get codes read - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    The problem right now with getting it scanned is shops are closed due to covid 19 so I don't have the option. Any thing I can check with a multimeter to narrow it down?

7. Member
    unplug water sensor, make a jumper between wires that go to oil tank unplug and jumper them

8. Member
    Looks like plug for oil tank sensor is between bottom cowel and tank. Does bottom cowel have to be split to access.

9. Member
    oooooooh yep sometimes hard to get too

10. Member
    So I guess I'll start with jumping the water sensor and see of it goes away. Then I'll go for the fun one removing the lower cowling.

11. Member
    do not jump water sensor only oil wires just unplug water sensor

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    do not jump water sensor only oil wires just unplug water sensor
    Yup realized when I checked with the meter contacts are open on water sensor.

13. Member
    Ok so here's where I'm at. I was able to get a hold of one of my local dealers to get the engine scanned. Unfortunately as always it came back with a code he's never seen. With a call to mercury they said I shouldn't even be seeing the code on my engine as its on performance models. The scan is "Charge temperature input high" they said it was none critical. Anyone have any input on this?
    Last edited by Boyd117; 04-23-2020 at 09:37 AM.

14. Member
    i haven't , may be pcm problem showing up on that one

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd117 View Post
    Ok so here's where I'm at. I was able to get a hold of one of my local dealers to get the engine scanned. Unfortunately as always it came back with a code he's never seen. With a call to mercury they said I shouldn't even be seeing the code on my engine as its on performance models. The scan is "Charge temperature input high" they said it was none critical. Anyone have any input on this?
    Did you get PRINTOUTS of the Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History?

I would really like to see those....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Did you get PRINTOUTS of the Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History?

I would really like to see those....
    No I did not but I can see if I can.

17. Member
    I have a vessel view mobile on the way.

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good thing to have... but in this case, won't substitute for printouts or saved files from the Computer Diagnostic System.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

19. Member
    Would they be able to pull that information from the program history or would it have to be plugged into the motor again.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Only if they happened to save the files. Otherwise, they would have to plug in again and obtain the current data.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast