Thread: 6 Beeps key on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    still haven't got a chance to get print outs. vesselview installed gives me this fault. Working on getting back to dealer.
    Screenshot_20200506-183548.jpg

2. Member
    ISSUE SOLVED. I was able to find the issue from that screenshot provided, looked up the air temp sensor in manual, went to ohm the sensor with no reading...failed sensor. To confirm I used a series of resistors to make an acceptable value and inserted into the pcm side harness *tah dah* no more 6 beeps! Now its a matter of figuring out how to get to the sensor as its on the manifold behind the oil reservoir. Any suggestions for approaching is appreciated.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have to loosen up the oil tank (often easier with lower cowls off) so you can rock the tank and then access the sensor.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Have to loosen up the oil tank (often easier with lower cowls off) so you can rock the tank and then access the sensor.
    So this can be changed without removing the tank completely

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You will have to at least partially remove the retaining hardware (I do seem to recall having done it once without completely removing the tank, or completely disconnecting the oil line, which is the most critical thing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Will report back when sensor arrives.

7. Member
    Would it be wise to change the inline oil filter on the tank while I'm all apart?

8. Member
    20200514_154052.jpg20200514_154117.jpg

Also noticed my butterfly is not all the way open at full throttle is this proper or does it need adjustment. First pic is how it is now and second pic is me opening the rest of the way

In realality it will probably not have any effect on performance, though it is at the point I would address it just because I might
    Check and adjust all hotfoot settings first starting with closed throttle
    Thank You Leon Pugh

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd117 View Post
    20200514_154052.jpg20200514_154117.jpg

Also noticed my butterfly is not all the way open at full throttle is this proper or does it need adjustment. First pic is how it is now and second pic is me opening the rest of the way
    No hot foot on the boat just hand control

11. Member
    Ended up adjusting throttle open about another 1/8th and changed in line oil filter. Everything back together and no more beeps. Taking it out Saturday to test on the water.

12. Member
    I was just reading in another thread that the shifter method of priming the oil system returns the motor into break-in mode. Am I stuck in break in for 120mins or is there anyway to get it out?

Does it need to run through the complete prime cycle to activate break in as I only let it go 10 seconds before keying off?
    Last edited by Boyd117; 05-15-2020 at 11:22 AM.

13. Member
    Describe exactly what you did with the shifter...
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

14. Member
    had 175 hp optimax worked on 2 weeks ago motor ran fine now getting 1 beeeeeeeep stop checked for debri ok. yesterday soon as i started motor went three feat in idle beeeeebed again will bring it back and get it checked. at the end of bring it back. Did go from opti oil to pensoil synthetic. about a month ago.
    i

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglakespecks View Post
    had 175 hp optimax worked on 2 weeks ago motor ran fine now getting 1 beeeeeeeep stop checked for debri ok. yesterday soon as i started motor went three feat in idle beeeeebed again will bring it back and get it checked. at the end of bring it back. Did go from opti oil to pensoil synthetic. about a month ago.
    i
    Welcome to BBC!

Let's get you to the right place. Please open a separate post for your engine in the appropriate forum (2.5L is covered in next forum down) and also be sure to provide your engine serial number when posting (see Announcement at top of 2.5L forum).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Describe exactly what you did with the shifter...
    Key on shifter to f back to n 3 times but I didn't allow it to go through its complete cycle. I was able to get it to the dealer on the CDS he showed me 0 hours remaining on break in. Lucked out there, also had him do a pump prime sequence for me.

Took the boat out yesterday, no more beeps... Ran smooth and pulled in about 20 fish. Was a good day!

17. Member
    Squeaked by on that one. Happy to hear all is well!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12