Thread: Trespassers

Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

Trespassers

I can't turkey hunt this season for running people off. It is rediculas. The guy this morning slipped off when I headed his way, but left his cheap decoy so he.wouldnt have to expose himself.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

2. Member
    That sux, esp. when they ruin your hunt. It's bad enough when they take game off your property without permission but I always got more annoyed when I couldn't hunt where/how I planned

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Gave his license plate # to the CO. He didnt show.to have a hunting license. The CO is going to give him a visit. ;-)
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Gave his license plate # to the CO. He didnt show.to have a hunting license. The CO is going to give him a visit. ;-)
    I bet he won't be back anytime soon.

5. Member
    Spypoint cell cameras are great for this if I am not scouting deer they are watching my place
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

6. Member
    Land mines. You know I have two ways. I can spread lime and when the wind is correct it drifts perfectly through the woods. How ever I save my favorite for the special uninvited guests. Once I see there trucks parked along the road I really know where they are. Liquid manure does a great job. It takes me a half an hour to get the tractor and tank spreader connected and filled. But I have yet failed to see the pleasant smell not work fast. My only regret is that the actual liquid doesn't drift through the woods like lime.

Don't piss off a farmer, ask first.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    I bet he won't be back anytime soon.
    They will return but not to hunt...
    2015 189 trx

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    They will return but not to hunt...
    You are right, he did and apologized to the landowner.
    Last edited by Roddy; 04-27-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

I’ve never understood trespassing. I don’t set a foot on any place I don’t have permission. I couldn’t enjoy the hunt and being in God’s Creation if I had to be worried about someone catching me. I have a particular disdain for those who use 4 wheelers and Rayzors to trespass.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Land mines. You know I have two ways. I can spread lime and when the wind is correct it drifts perfectly through the woods. How ever I save my favorite for the special uninvited guests. Once I see there trucks parked along the road I really know where they are. Liquid manure does a great job. It takes me a half an hour to get the tractor and tank spreader connected and filled. But I have yet failed to see the pleasant smell not work fast. My only regret is that the actual liquid doesn't drift through the woods like lime.

Don't piss off a farmer, ask first.
    Lol I was hoping to see a picture of the honey wagon giving the trucks a wash down.

Sad part is all they had to do is ask, most places I've gone through midwest the farmers in general are more likely to let you hunt than not. In iowa met a farmer in 2002 that has turned into more like family they come to Michigan fishing and we go to Iowa hunting.

11. Member
    While turkey hunting the other morning, with decoys set I had some crazy trespasser jump the fence on the adjoining property and come running at my decoys with his gun up ready to shoot. I stood up and as soon as he saw me he ran back over the fence and kept on going. Idiot!
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    While turkey hunting the other morning, with decoys set I had some crazy trespasser jump the fence on the adjoining property and come running at my decoys with his gun up ready to shoot. I stood up and as soon as he saw me he ran back over the fence and kept on going. Idiot!
    You should have let that play out and video it. Post that video for the world to see what a moron he is.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    Wow, idiots are everywhere.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

14. Member
    We had another guy get shot on public ground here in MO last week. The guy was shot by a 17 year old kid, in the face. I don't get how anyone could be mistaken for a turkey.

Guy I know got shot years ago while Turkey hunting. The two guys that shot him walked up to him and he said “do I look like a f;$;@:&ing turkey to you. They turned tail and took off and he had to crawl out of the woods for help.