BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Thumbs Up NY REVERSES DECISION BOAT RAMPS BACK OPEN!

On Saturday, New York joined the states of Connecticut and New Jersey to open up their marinas, boatyards and boat launches for recreational use.
    Previously, marinas were only open for boaters performing essential services, meaning recreational boating wasn't permitted.
    The reversals are the latest steps the state has taken to clarify its list of essential businesses and services, which determine what can and cannot stay open while the COVID-19 crisis is ongoing.

2. Member
    Wow I’m shocked... but very happy!
    St. Croix Rods & Shimano Reels
    2002 Procraft pro 165 50hp (hope to grow up some day)
    Hummingbird 999ci HD SI, 1199ci HD SI

3. Member

5. Member
    This is great news, but are we positive it applies to DEC and NYS Parks launches? As of now, the DEC website still says its launches are temporarily suspended, but that could just be because the site has not been updated over the weekend. What concerns me is a local news report that said the following:

Privately-owned marinas, boat launches, and many other recreational marine locations will be reopened following the announcement by Governor Andrew Cuomo on Saturday.

This gives the impression that it is the private launches that can open (Union Springs, Sodus, Penn Yann, etc.). Does the "many other" recreational marine locations include the DEC/Parks launches?

The actual executive order #13 was updated to say:

Marinas, boatyards, and recreational marine manufacturers, for ongoing marina operations and boat repair/maintenance, where such facilities adhere to strict social distancing and sanitization protocols. Use of such sites for the purposes of personal use or operation of boats or other watercraft is permissible, provided that no establishment offer chartered watercraft services or rentals. Restaurant activity at such sites are limited to take-out or delivery only.

This makes it sound like what has been reopened is marinas and boatyards, but it is not clear if that covers the public DEC/Parks launches. I hope I am just thinking too much!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Z7Mike View Post
    This is great news, but are we positive it applies to DEC and NYS Parks launches? As of now, the DEC website still says its launches are temporarily suspended, but that could just be because the site has not been updated over the weekend. What concerns me is a local news report that said the following:

Privately-owned marinas, boat launches, and many other recreational marine locations will be reopened following the announcement by Governor Andrew Cuomo on Saturday.

This gives the impression that it is the private launches that can open (Union Springs, Sodus, Penn Yann, etc.). Does the "many other" recreational marine locations include the DEC/Parks launches?

The actual executive order #13 was updated to say:

Marinas, boatyards, and recreational marine manufacturers, for ongoing marina operations and boat repair/maintenance, where such facilities adhere to strict social distancing and sanitization protocols. Use of such sites for the purposes of personal use or operation of boats or other watercraft is permissible, provided that no establishment offer chartered watercraft services or rentals. Restaurant activity at such sites are limited to take-out or delivery only.

This makes it sound like what has been reopened is marinas and boatyards, but it is not clear if that covers the public DEC/Parks launches. I hope I am just thinking too much!
    Includes All DEC launches from what I have heard

7. Moderator
    Good news!
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

8. Member
    Sweeeeeet......

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Includes All DEC launches from what I have heard
    yes it does. Direct email from Region 6 DEC Fisheries Dept that I recurved today: “All DEC boat launches and State Park launches are open for use. Decisions about the operation of municipality owned boat launches will be made by the municipality. Access to boat launches will be allowed if strict adherence to the CDC and NYS guidelines are followed. Also, life jackets are required through May 1 for any pleasure boat less than 21ft long.”

they will be monitoring boat ramps like a hawk. Any need of big gatherings or party boats like what’s going on down south will cause the ramps to shut down again.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Good news!

11. Member
    I actually hope the patrols on the lake and ramps are more common. Site the selfish people. Those boat parties are the main reason why all these boats ramps and such were closed, IMO.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z7Mike View Post

BTW, the physical distancing still applies at the ramps, parking areas, and in your boat as well. Hence, probably 2 people in the boat, which will make it challenging on the seating arrangements when under way for smaller boats, since I am sure the local enforcements will be out there with the glasses in their face ready to bust your stones.
    Word of advice, if you get yourself in a discussion with the law, be cooperative, since you could end up making things very bad for yourself by being an A$$.
    Hopefully, we will be blessed with a long summer, so be well and stay safe.