Thread: New Weber

New Weber

I have always bought those $150-200 disposable grills and replaced em about every two years due to rust. Finally splurged and bought a little nicer Weber Spirit II - 310. I dont need a huge grill or a side burner, this has three burners. Cooked some chicken breasts on it tonight and turned out well. Its definitely hotter than any other grill ive ever used
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    The spirit is a great choice

I have had my Weber Genesis Stainless Steel grill for 10 years now and have not replaced a single part.

Bought a old standard gas Weber in 1992. All stainless favor bars and grill. Stored under a covered porch never a covered with anything else. Put in semi retirement last summer when I was offered a 3 year old stainless Spirit with SS cabinet for a can't pass up price 30 bucks. Somebody knocked off the gas inlet connection on the manifold. Found another one on Craigslist for 20 bucks that had a good manifold. Works and looks like new!

A neighbor buys a new grill that sits out in the weather with a cover about every three years since 1992.

Do the math and bet they don't cook as well as my old or new to me Weber's.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Love my Weber’s. I like charcoal, have a Performer and Smokey Mountin smoker. They are both pushing 10 years old and I need to replace a couple pieces on the kettle grill. But sitting outside year round in Wisconsin still no rust on either one.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I have had my Weber Genesis Stainless Steel grill for 10 years now and have not replaced a single part.
    Ive had mine for about 5 and its still as good as day 1. Great gasser for sure.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Glad to hear so many positives about the Weber. Ive been using it everyday since I got it. Cooked some amazing steaks the other night
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

8. Member
    Have had the same grill for 6 years , love it. Cook on it all the time. Cooks chicken indirect very well.

9. Member
    Weber fan here. Genesis II 3 burner, Spirit (previous model) 3 burner, 22" kettle, 26" kettle with Adrenaline BBG Slow n Sear, 18" WSM, and 14" WSM.