19 PHX vs 919 Pro XP

Can someone tell the diiference in these? Is one easier to drive, better in rough water, etc? TIA

2. Member
    ive been going back and forth on this as well.. I have a 919pro XP and have been looking at getting the 19PHX... PHX is wider up front I think, different storage and slightly different Hull...
    I was hoping they would come out with a 19 Elite for 2021, but who knows..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    Thanks for reply. Guy at Weida's told me PHX was for bigger water than what I fish so I dropped that one. Now looking at 919ProXP vs a Triton 19 TRX Patriot. What do you like/not like about your 919?

4. Member
    919 and 19 phx have the same hull

5. Member
    I went with a 19phx after pricing then both.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J at BAY View Post
    you sure about that? Ive heard mixed answers on that and seen varying speeds between the two..
    PHX boats have a different hull while the Elites have the "speed Hull"_pro XP hull with the PHX top cap..
    Just thinking out load from what Ive seen..
    Last edited by THKUSTOMS; 05-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J at BAY View Post
    same here. Priced them both. Went with 19PHX. If I remember correctly there was 3k difference but the PHX had it all (padded deck, slam latches, that cool little day box, lights everywhere.. and i forget the rest) and I fish big waters only. So safety first.
    There seems to be huge debate about whether the PHX has a different hull or not. Seems like everyone can a agree that its a tad slower (still very fast though) and handles rough water much better.
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

8. Member
    The different hull debate comes up a couple times a year. Usually its guys with the PHX saying they are different and the pro XP saying they are the same.

When boat shopping, my dealer (not mentioning) said the 19PHX wasn't worth the extra $ compared to the 19 ProXP. He said there are minimal differences. That immediately told me this guy is out for my best interests and not to make the most money. I ended up getting a 920 Pro XP from him.

10. Member
    One of the major differences is the the fact that the top cap is taller and the hull is deeper. What does that do for you? It allows the console to sit 1 to 1 1/2 inches higher on the driver (I'm tall), gives more leg room and deeper tackle storage in the center compartment on the front deck. The nose of the boat stays lower thus improving rough water handling. I thank God every tournament when I blast off through the turbulent waters where everyone starts that I have a PHX. The other differences is the standard features and upgrades on electronics. If you are going to upgrade your graphs, it will help with your total pricing. The PHX does have slam latches and padded front deck standard. Now that I have had both of those options, I will never have a boat without them. I love just closing the lids and not having to turn. I'm sure there are other differences and since I'm not a salesman or a rep I do not have the complete list, but if you reach out to Phoenix, they can tell you exactly. Many dealers do not know all the differences. The fact that they say the PHX upgrades are not worth the extra money just shows that they do not have all the facts.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    One of the major differences is the the fact that the top cap is taller and the hull is deeper. What does that do for you? It allows the console to sit 1 to 1 1/2 inches higher on the driver (I'm tall), gives more leg room and deeper tackle storage in the center compartment on the front deck. The nose of the boat stays lower thus improving rough water handling. I thank God every tournament when I blast off through the turbulent waters where everyone starts that I have a PHX. The other differences is the standard features and upgrades on electronics. If you are going to upgrade your graphs, it will help with your total pricing. The PHX does have slam latches and padded front deck standard. Now that I have had both of those options, I will never have a boat without them. I love just closing the lids and not having to turn. I'm sure there are other differences and since I'm not a salesman or a rep I do not have the complete list, but if you reach out to Phoenix, they can tell you exactly. Many dealers do not know all the differences. The fact that they say the PHX upgrades are not worth the extra money just shows that they do not have all the facts.
    Thanks Big Jim. I went with the 19PHX and take delivery next Friday. Looking forward to learning the boat.

12. Member
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by chucmin View Post
    Thanks Big Jim. I went with the 19PHX and take delivery next Friday. Looking forward to learning the boat.

13. Member
    I agree with Big Jim, love my 19 PHX, I'll never not have slam latches, and when the winds blowing 20+ and the lakes rolling you'll see where the PHX stands out, 74.6 mph is fast enough to get me where I need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodtapper View Post
    I agree with Big Jim, love my 19 PHX, I'll never not have slam latches, and when the winds blowing 20+ and the lakes rolling you'll see where the PHX stands out, 74.6 mph is fast enough to get me where I need to go.
    Agree!!

15. Member
    Yes Sir 100% on the 919 and 19 PHX same hull. The 20 and 21 ft boat do have a different hull between the models.
    Quote Originally Posted by THKUSTOMS View Post
    you sure about that? Ive heard mixed answers on that and seen varying speeds between the two..
    PHX boats have a different hull while the Elites have the "speed Hull"_pro XP hull with the PHX top cap..
    Just thinking out load from what Ive seen..