Stockton trip on Thursday 4/16/2020

I had quarantined myself for 4 of the last 5 weeks, so after not leaving the house except for groceries or meds for several days, it was really nice to get out yesterday. I picked up Gary at 5am and we headed for the Mutton Creek north ramp. When we launched at 6:40 the air temperature was mid thirties and the water temp was 53.4. I hadn't been to Stockton for quite some time and I was amazed at how good a shape it was in. The water color was beautiful and we had about a 4 1/2 to 5' visibility. We immediately headed up river to where we caught so many last year and we started catching pretty quick. The wind was already blowing pretty good so I started out with a megabass vision 110+1. No takers on it after several casts so I tried my rattle trap. Nothin'. Then I picked up one of my Wiggle Warts that Andy paints for me and caught a nice one on my first cast. Then another about 3 casts later. Meanwhile Gary was catching them on his PBJ ned rig. When the wind picked up they seemed to like the crank bait better but Gary was out fishing me every time the wind died down. So... for the rest of the day I would throw my trusty Andy special on the windy banks and throw the ned in the slack water...... It worked good #wecaughtabunch.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 04-17-2020 at 11:02 PM.

2. Member
    Was it that yellow crankbait ??

3. Member
    NICE FISH also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Br. View Post
    Was it that yellow crankbait ??
    Yes.... its amazing...they just keep eating it.

5. Member
    Very nice thanks for sharing