Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cx 20 runs to left side under 30mph on plane

Not sure if many cx 20s are even out there yet. Anyone else notice their cx 20 running to the left side. Had 1/2 tank gas. My TR 196 Triton did this same thing. Back wash is excessive when sitting down. Hole shot not so good.

2. Member
    Sounds like the same issue Stratos had with the 2000 year model 20SS (I had one). That was an Earl boat as well. Hope this is not the beginning of hull issues.
    I would change the prop as a first remedy.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I have not noticed mine to run to the left side.

My hole shot with a full tank and 2 people is not bad at all. The one time I ran it alone I had almost 3/4 of tank and the hole shot was very quick. Pretty much sit down and pop out. I have noticed the hole shot is improved with the engine height elevated some. At what prop to pad? I have no idea.

Mine will back wash a little if I shut down real quick, but I wouldn't say it's bad. However I feel if I had poles and lead trolling batteries it probably would be worse.

4. Member
    Im running wal mart maxx 29s. 36volt system. I'm moving the 3rd battery over to drivers side as we speak.

5. Member
    weight and torque from motor causing this likely
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Im running wal mart maxx 29s. 36volt system. I'm moving the 3rd battery over to drivers side as we speak.
    That may help with the lean. Next time I get to run mine I'll pay closer attention to this.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    That may help with the lean. Next time I get to run mine I'll pay closer attention to this.

8. Member
    These are just my experiences in all areas of the Caymas cx20 pro. In no way anything bad or negative. Just logging record's to improve and correct. I'm picky.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Had the past 2 days off work and not one time did it lean to the left at any speed like u mentioned. Again I do have lithium trolling batteries on my left side. That may or may not make a difference. Idk

10. Member
    Thanks for the info. I'm running very heavy wal.mart maxx 29s for trolling motor. I relocated one of those batteries over to drivers side. Centered minn kota 460 over toward middle a little more also. Runs pretty good now, no more lean with two people in boat under 30 to 35mph cursing, 1/2 gank fuel. Some before and after photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. BBC SPONSOR
    That's awesome. Glad u got it figured out.

12. Member
    I appreciate the feed back on your experiences.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    No problem at all. We are some of the first owners, we have to share our experiences.

14. Member
    Mine does the same thing as you come out of the hole. Soon as you start to trim up it levels out and handles great. I’ve tried putting all my gear in the front right box but that didn’t do anything productive. I have a dual console and it’s definitely more noticeable if I have a passenger..

15. Member
    Mines also a duel console.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Mine is a single console.

I had a nitro that would roll to the left and would scare you if you didn’t trim up some as soon as you got on plane
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

18. Member
    Does the 20 footer have a standard rod locker on the starboard side? I know the 21 is stubbed off but hoping the 20 isnt.

thanks

19. Member
    No sir. It also stops. Has one opening for light bar.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bks167 View Post
    Does the 20 footer have a standard rod locker on the starboard side? I know the 21 is stubbed off but hoping the 20 isnt.

thanks
    I would think that a guy could make a simple modification to accommodate storing rods on the starboard side. I'm personally not a fan of the center storage for rods. I'm going to physically take a look at the CX21 in a few days, my dealer just received a couple along with a CX20. The day box on the CX21 might make the starboard locker to short for rods. I like to keep my baitcasters on the port side, spinning on the starboard side and tackle in the center.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast