View Poll Results: Does the motor boat ban get extended past April 30th?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 50.00%
  • No

21 50.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    My wife just lost her job on Monday... We spent several thousand setting up a home office for her 5 weeks ago... This is not ferlow. Terminated position.
    Terrible news, unfortunately that is the new norm. Although I'm working from home and on a reduced salary through the end of May it may get worse. We are being told it could be June or July for the reduced pay and I've heard in management meetings that lay-offs are almost inevitable to "save" the year.
    I respect everyone's opinion and realize others are at high risk and should remain under the order. But the reality is things MUST get moving. Save all the see you at the morgue and stories that get generated. The fact is the collective we have to back on our feet before this spirals out of control. Will people get sick, yes...will people potentially die, likely.... but we can't simply wilt away in the corner and "ride" this out for an indefinite amount of time. Frankly, the percentages are you are less likely to be affected by a wide, wide margin.

2. Member
    Agree.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    My wife just lost her job on Monday... We spent several thousand setting up a home office for her 5 weeks ago... This is not ferlow. Terminated position.
    Sorry to hear this. I hope things will soon get better for your family.
    I'm somewhat in the same position - need to look for and secure another job or relocate to the Boston area.

everyone stuck at home, losing their jobs, businesses, savings - the entire state is suffering because of detroit.

welcome to detroit.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Lnk35ngoJ/

Ford Motor Co has been calling employees today to let us know we are due back at work (at least some of us / 2 shifts) starting May 4th and they are looking for volunteers to start firing up equipment starting April 27th. Hopefully tomorrow the Governor has some good news as far as getting us back on the water. With it spitting snow and temps in the 30's I don't feel that bad but once we start seeing the 60's consistently it will really suck if we are still on lock down.

6. Member
    I’m a utility locator on the west side of the state, we are seeing a big increase in MISS Dig tickets. Landscaping, fencing, new construction electric installs, and so on. I spoke with a contractor today and they received an email from MISS Dig the other day asking to call in their tickets this week and next week to prevent and overload of the system and hopefully prevent us locators from being overwhelmed come May 1st.

I take this a hopeful news. I see these outdoor businesses being able to go back to work. The indoor businesses like restaurants, bars, malls, etc not so much.

7. Member
    I wrote my State Rep and State Senator the Monday before the big demonstration in Lansing. My republican state rep sent a nice letter back indicating they would like to see "safe" work situations allowed and likely "unsafe" still closed. Sounded more reasonable to me. Never heard back from my democratic state senator. Guess with him being the same party as Whitmer he won't say anything negative.
    The legislature has to renew Whitmer's emergency powers after 28 days which expires April 27 or 28. I hope they do not grant her an extension on any additional emergency powers to the governor, or additional time.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    I’m a utility locator on the west side of the state, we are seeing a big increase in MISS Dig tickets. Landscaping, fencing, new construction electric installs, and so on. I spoke with a contractor today and they received an email from MISS Dig the other day asking to call in their tickets this week and next week to prevent and overload of the system and hopefully prevent us locators from being overwhelmed come May 1st.

I take this a hopeful news. I see these outdoor businesses being able to go back to work. The indoor businesses like restaurants, bars, malls, etc not so much.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123