Thread: Lake Ouachita

Lake Ouachita

Are all the ramps open? Thinking about going Saturday.

2. Member
    Fished Hamilton yesterday, hope you have better luck.

I stayed closer to home and the fishing was slow. Water was cold and nasty

4. Member
    I know it's after the fact but yes all the ramps are open. The last few days hasn't been as much as a zoo out there. Before this last week it was like the 4th of July on both Hamilton and Ouachita. The fishing has been slow for me on Ouachita but a friend has been catching spawners way back in pockets mid-lake and I assume the same thing on the west side of the lake as that's where most of the traffic is. The spawn is very weird this year out there.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    A buddy of mine was on Ouachita on Wednesday and they said it was beyond tough and my buddy is pretty good out there this time of year normally. The guy he's been fishing with mostly the past few years is having good luck on Hamilton and Degray with a topwater or so he says. Good luck getting this guy to fish water over about 3' deep though. Me and my buddy will be on Maumelle in the morning, DeGray another possibly, and then Winona. He's got turkey hunting on the brain for DeGray and Winona, lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Ouachita was TOUGH yesterday. We each boated one fish under a pound in about 6 hours of fishing and missed several. I lost a pig first throw with a #7 Shadrap and could tell it was a pig by how the head shake felt through the rod when she threw my lure. They just weren't clamping down enough to stick them. Saw a few on beds and several beds without fish on them. Mainly fished around Crystal and a little around Brady. My friend's uncle is quite the stick out there and even he says it's been tough the past few weeks. He's been staying in his single wide at Brady the past few weeks while this Kung Flu crap runs its course. Maybe the fish are just really finicky from so much pressure?
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

7. Member
    We are having to make new plans for vaca . We originally were going to LOTW but now the border is closed and not going to open by our week to go. So we are now looking at lake Hamilton or quachita . Which 1 has better fishing the 1st week of july

8. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Hamilton will be a zoo in the daylight. Night fishing is not as tough as day time heat and boat traffic. You can fish a different lake each day depending on how long you are here. With Lake Degray, Ouachita, Nimrod, Dardannelle, Greeson and some a little farther like Millwood.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

S
    Last edited by ChanceG; 05-17-2020 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Wrong post
    Always Ready!