Thread: Barren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The bats mating thing has shut down road work jobs for us before a couple times until after their mating season ended. We shut down an old quarry once & had to close the entrance off & put pipe in for the bats to be able to get into the old quarry to roost.

2. Member
    I was looking for this chart and finally found it. It shows how much larger Barren is in storage capacity than the other lakes in the Louisville district. Barren is the second largest lake in the Lou. district behind Monroe in Indiana.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jeffblanton View Post
    I was looking for this chart and finally found it. It shows how much larger Barren is in storage capacity than the other lakes in the Louisville district. Barren is the second largest lake in the Lou. district behind Monroe in Indiana.
    Apparently that chart has not been updated for around 18 or 19 years...anyone else see the old information. Hint it's not Barren its Green.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Apparently that chart has not been updated for around 18 or 19 years...anyone else see the old information. Hint it's not Barren its Green.
    The only thing that would change would be winter, maybe summer pool elevations. The storage capacity at flood stage wouldn't change unless they modified the dam.

5. Member
    From being on Monroe and Barren, I never would've said that Monroe was bigger (not much but it is technically 10,100 vs 10,750.) Barren with all of it's large feeder creeks that you can go way up seems much more expansive. I'm guessing it has to due with the sheer width of the majority of the lower end of Monroe. Without looking, I would've said it wasn't even close in size to Barren.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffblanton View Post
    The only thing that would change would be winter, maybe summer pool elevations. The storage capacity at flood stage wouldn't change unless they modified the dam.

When Green was first impounded the winter pool level was 664. Around 2002 or so they changed the winter pool level to 668. The chart still list winter pool as 664 and its been 668 for the last 18-19 years.
    Last edited by JR19; 05-13-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12