Ranger Trim and accessories

Hello all,
    Ill keep it short. I am restoring a 2001 Ranger 520VX Crown Royal bass boat. Beautiful purple glitter sled. My issue is that I can't find <what the manufacturer calls, the side panels.Ranger Boats doesn't have them. They are the vinyl covered Kydex pieces that are next to pilot and passenger, mine are black. This boat sat out a number of years and they both degraded to the point of mucho work to rehab them. thought I would get lucky and get them at Great Lakes boat parts, and they have a bunch but no 520 side panels. I am asking if anyone knows who made them for Ranger or knows of a set in decent shape, color doesn't matter.
    Thanks in advance, Rob
    Last edited by Wraithe2; 04-16-2020 at 11:40 PM.

2. Member
    Ranger is the best place and they have always been fair priced.

3. Member
    should have put it in my post, they dont have them and cant get them, thanks though.

You post this in the Ranger board? Might get more leads there. Lots of very knowledgeable people on that board.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    Those parts are impossible to find. I have an 07 and those panels are no longer available. Best bet is to get someone to make them out of plastic board or lexan and get hydrodipped.

6. Member
    MAN I feel your pain. I just redid my 03 over the winter. I had both of mine prior to remodel. But i have no idea where the drivers side went. I towed it from my house to my business shop in October last year and during that trip it somehow vanished. I have threatened my employees thinking they were pulling a prank on me that they better give it up or everyone is fired. Still no panel. Mine was in good enough shape that using a vinyl dye was going to be acceptable. I plastic welded the back of it where they're were cracks and it looked great.

So with all that being said. I bought a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" black HDP (High Density Polyethelyene) and re-created new panels for both sides so that it matches. They are not rounded like the old ones, but if you take your time you can get them to look relatively good. Id be willing to bet that if anyone looks at my boat they wouldn't know that they are not factory.

Im keeping my passenger side just in case the missing panel ever shows up but man its frustrating not knowing where mine went to.

7. Member
    Look on EBay as there are lots of trim parts on there for sale.

8. Member
    Is it something that can be hydrodipped....how bout a pic but when i took mine off i think i remember they were made in canada.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger195 View Post
    MAN I feel your pain. I just redid my 03 over the winter. I had both of mine prior to remodel. But i have no idea where the drivers side went. I towed it from my house to my business shop in October last year and during that trip it somehow vanished. I have threatened my employees thinking they were pulling a prank on me that they better give it up or everyone is fired. Still no panel. Mine was in good enough shape that using a vinyl dye was going to be acceptable. I plastic welded the back of it where they're were cracks and it looked great.

So with all that being said. I bought a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" black HDP (High Density Polyethelyene) and re-created new panels for both sides so that it matches. They are not rounded like the old ones, but if you take your time you can get them to look relatively good. Id be willing to bet that if anyone looks at my boat they wouldn't know that they are not factory.

Im keeping my passenger side just in case the missing panel ever shows up but man its frustrating not knowing where mine went to.
    Could you share photos of what you created?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

10. Member
    Yes I’ll take some this weekend and try and post on here

11. Member
    thanks pal will do

12. Member
    i hear ya, i've been slowly plastic welding/reinforcing.PITA

13. Member

I'd love to see some pics, I bought some sheets in anticipation of having to build them.

You might try calling Custom Mold and Tint in Monticello, Arkansas. they made the wind shields for Ranger and, I think, also molded a lot of the plastic moldings and trim.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Those parts are impossible to find. I have an 07 and those panels are no longer available. Best bet is to get someone to make them out of plastic board or lexan and get hydrodipped.

16. Member

Did this work? It not perfect and the boat is still dirty but this should give you an idea of what i did

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    You might try calling Custom Mold and Tint in Monticello, Arkansas. they made the wind shields for Ranger and, I think, also molded a lot of the plastic moldings and trim.
    Boy would that be great if they would be able to re-create those trims or have any on hand

18. Member
    nice job ranger 195, thanks for sharing!
    So the areas where the old panel were are flat? I have never had those panels off of my boat and just assumed there were curves and such.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Thanks, I'll do that.

20. Member

Did this work? It not perfect and the boat is still dirty but this should give you an idea of what i did
    Those look pretty Damn good and I have some of that material!