Fabricated my duel sonars in cx20, dash and bow

Fabricated brackets and plates, Dash and bow.
    All 1/4" 6061 aluminum. Wanted best strength for rough water conditions on ky lake. Used all bolts, no screws, aluminum L brackets bolted to fiberglass for backing behind dash. T bar attached to front aluminum plate and mounting bracket. I've built alot of brackets and plates, this one is beyond solid. Fits cx20 and cx21s. Lets just say I know the caymas dashes inside and out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

Transom saver fabricated myself for the 4 strokes with steering stops

front fabricated bow area.
    Transom saver fabricated for new 4 stroke mercurys
    Thought Id share guys and gals, what Ive been working on since on lock down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Looks great!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Looks great!!
    Sent you a pm

5. Member
    Will do buck

6. Member
    nice work

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    nice work

8. Member
    Bill, what is the color combo on your boat? Looks great.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin35043 View Post
    Bill, what is the color combo on your boat? Looks great.
    Candy apple red main, platinum, black pins.

10. Member
    I've honestly been looking at the Caymas seriously as from videos and pictures the craftsmanship and thought that went into the design look great. Looking at the below photos (circled areas in pictures) however, honestly scare me. I'm pretty handy and have done a lot of my self installs in my Rangers, and not saying they are perfect by any means, but I see a lot of cuts that leave jagged edges which: (1) don't look very precise or that much care has been put into the build, (2) would leave me worried that cracks in the gelcoat may eventually come about from the vibrations over time, (3) is that raw plywood?. Lastly, the little glove box mount holes are already broken...See pics below. Please believe me, I'm not trying to be negative on Caymas, as I'm in the market for a new boat and making the shift from Ranger as I have a pre-Johnny Morris boat and I don't want a new one. I'm open to anyone's input as I'm in the market. Thanks for sharing and the results of that install look great!
    20200406_153537.jpg20200406_153540.jpg20200406_173328.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Fabricated brackets and plates, Dash and bow.
    All 1/4" 6061 aluminum. Wanted best strength for rough water conditions on ky lake. Used all bolts, no screws, aluminum L brackets bolted to fiberglass for backing behind dash. T bar attached to front aluminum plate and mounting bracket. I've built alot of brackets and plates, this one is beyond solid. Fits cx20 and cx21s. Lets just say I know the caymas dashes inside and out.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n_texas_basser View Post
    I've honestly been looking at the Caymas seriously as from videos and pictures the craftsmanship and thought that went into the design look great. Looking at the below photos (circled areas in pictures) however, honestly scare me. I'm pretty handy and have done a lot of my self installs in my Rangers, and not saying they are perfect by any means, but I see a lot of cuts that leave jagged edges which: (1) don't look very precise or that much care has been put into the build, (2) would leave me worried that cracks in the gelcoat may eventually come about from the vibrations over time, (3) is that raw plywood?. Lastly, the little glove box mount holes are already broken...See pics below. Please believe me, I'm not trying to be negative on Caymas, as I'm in the market for a new boat and making the shift from Ranger as I have a pre-Johnny Morris boat and I don't want a new one. I'm open to anyone's input as I'm in the market. Thanks for sharing and the results of that install look great!
    20200406_153537.jpg20200406_153540.jpg20200406_173328.jpg
    No wood, those holes have been addressed to Caymas plant. This build, First cx 20 pro built. Future builds have addressed the screws holes holding the dash cover on. Those haven't been on any builds or other caymas dashes I've built sonar brackets for. I've fabricated many. The bottom area you marked is a cut out, I've done with die grinder, access hole. ,Caymas cx20 and cx21s don't come that way. I've been working with Caymas plant on little things like this to address. The small cell phone box was replaced. I've been all over the plant watching and talking to builders. The fit and finish is good.

12. Member
    Back up for a guy. Thanks