1995 Cobra Refurbish update

These are pictures of the boat before I started the remodel on it. Since these photos, the clear coat has taken a turn for the worse and the boat became a yard ordainment due to moving 800 miles. The people on this board have been great! One of the members gave me the wiring diagram for the switches and gauges. It took me just over an hour to identify all wires and mark them. Also, I was able get some more information off of the motor and model number for the boat. (Boat model number is J200STLEDM, was on back right). On the back left of the boat is V620, not sure what that is.

Does anyone have a engine diagram for the Johnson 200 Vemon to make sure I have all these right?

So initially when I got the boat the gauges worked. But they all stopped working over time, I think it was because "mud dobbers" (FL wasps) built a nest inside the breaker box. Apparently there is not a fuse box on this boat. (I will be adding one). Since my gauges were not working, I want to make sure they are attached to the motor correct (Water pressure, RPM, etc).

Again thank you!

I can add more pictures too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.2 KB, 87 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (112.2 KB, 77 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (79.7 KB, 68 views)

It's not exactly a diagram, but you might be able to find what you need by looking through this website. You can select your motor and then look at diagrams of different sections. For some reason it defaults to Evinrude, so change the drop down at the top to Johnson to start. http://shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=b10efiqpcmt755ganfv78ssui3&catalog_i d=0&siteid

3. Member
    What is the best way to get the glue off the fiberglass that is left by the carpet? I am going paint inside my storage areas instead of putting carpet, but I need to get it smooth.

I've never done it, but from reading some, a wire wheel on a drill does pretty good along with a scraper.

Tom

Wire wheel and spray on Goof Off will take off the carpet glue pretty quick. I don't think they really finished out the inside of the storage compartments since they were getting carpeted. Probably better to re-carpet those. If I did mine again I would look at the foam insulation that is used by several manufactures for the bottom side of the lids. I think you would get a better seal than carpet.

6. Member
    I had a 95 201D but hit a log at top speed, Viper replaced it with a 99 and mounted all my stuff (motors & electronics). It was very light weight they said it was a proto type and had aluminum transom and stringers
    MoChuck