Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why you should upgrade to the Ghost

Hey guys,

I just dropped another article on M3 Outdoors discussing the Ghost TM. While there are many great features, there is one feature that set's it apart from the rest! Give it a read:
    https://www.m3outdoors.com/post/why-...lowrance-ghost

Thanks, Mike
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

2. Member
    Wouldn't you have to carry a volt meter along to figure out what battery died and do a little rewiring first?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Wouldn't you have to carry a volt meter along to figure out what battery died and do a little rewiring first?
    Before I switched to lithium, I carried one in the boat. It was a cheap one, but when I got my 1st boat I was having trouble with either the battery or the charger so even after I charged overnight I would test each TM battery. Eventually, I determined it was the charger and replaced it..just always carried one. Now, there is a bluetooth app with my lithium batteries so I know what the charge amps and volts are for each battery as well as their percentage. It's such a nice feature!
    Mike Malinao

What is the typical installation cost for the ghost? How many hours of shop time?
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    What is the typical installation cost for the ghost? How many hours of shop time?
    Up

Took me about an hour and a half with a buddy. Holes line up with other TMs
    Mike Malinao

6. Member
    It took me about three hours time by myself to remove my Maxxum and add the Ghost. I like to take my time and customize everything I can. It wasn't hard since you won't have to do any drilling, and if you mount the base first and follow the directions, you can do it by yourself without too much effort. Lifting off your old motor is the most strenuous part.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Would love to upgrade. Still waiting on the 52" 48" is worthless up here in the north

I currently have a MinKota Maxxum. If I am reading the above correctly, the ghost bolts into the very same holes?

Also I wonder if I could get anything for the minnkota on the used market.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

9. Member
    I currently have a MinKota Maxxum. If I am reading the above correctly, the ghost bolts into the very same holes?

Also I wonder if I could get anything for the minnkota on the used market.
    Yes, holes for Maxxum are the same; easy swap. The Ghost will be perfectly located when swapped for a Maxxum. There is a market for used motors.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    For all you inland fishermen, the Ghost description specifically states “Freshwater Only”. However, many of us fish tidal rivers, with tannic and brackish water, more than we do lakes. Is there anyone out there running a Ghost, that fishes brackish water and if so, can it handle the small amounts of salt from a corrosion standpoint?
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    For all you inland fishermen, the Ghost description specifically states “Freshwater Only”. However, many of us fish tidal rivers, with tannic and brackish water, more than we do lakes. Is there anyone out there running a Ghost, that fishes brackish water and if so, can it handle the small amounts of salt from a corrosion standpoint?
    Technically, I fish brackish water here in the California Delta. I don't believe it's a good comparison though because where I fish is really far from incoming salt.
    Mike Malinao

I have the transducer that came with 7ti2 mounted the Maxxum trolling motor. Will I need to budget for a different transducer and/or mounting bracket for the ghost?
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

13. Member
    I have the transducer that came with 7ti2 mounted the Maxxum trolling motor. Will I need to budget for a different transducer and/or mounting bracket for the ghost?
    The Ghost comes with a built in (up-gradable) DHI transducer so you're good.
    Mike Malinao

14. Member
    TTT
    Mike Malinao

15. Member
    Thanks can you clarify, in your article you state "is it the perfect trolling motor" NO, I get it nothing is perfect but what is your reasoning behind a NO? what would make it perfect? Just wondering I already decided to upgrade next season either way. Thanks

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    Thanks can you clarify, in your article you state "is it the perfect trolling motor" NO, I get it nothing is perfect but what is your reasoning behind a NO? what would make it perfect? Just wondering I already decided to upgrade next season either way. Thanks
    Hey Ike, the reason I said it's not "perfect" because it's Lowrance's 1st generation and it's only going to get better. There is still some noise when turning, not like the Ultrex, but I think it can be silent over time. The arrow indicator will have some lag when moving the pedal very slowly, but will catch up when you move it a little faster. Not a big deal, but again room to improve. Other than that, it's a beast and I love it.
    Mike Malinao

17. Member
    Great, Thanks.. 1year was my hold up as well.. Looks great though. Thanks

18. Member
    TY for the article! I was wondering if the MK460PC was compatible with Lithium batteries and now I know!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    TY for the article! I was wondering if the MK460PC was compatible with Lithium batteries and now I know!
    It is and you have to use it on the Gel setting. Lithiums want 14.2v and I'm getting 13.6-13.9v in the Gel setting
    Mike Malinao

20. Member
    Has anyone had an issue running Livescope with Ghost? Heard the arrow has some lag that makes it not ideal for LS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast