Aluminum paint recommendations - need the super rugged epoxy

I am overhauling my Lowe. The transom fell victim to electrolysis. I cleaned out all the spots and plan on filling them with epoxy filler (see photo). I had heard about this two part epoxy paint but can't find the name now. It is a two part mix. Part of the mix has a crystal in it. Suppose to fill in and seal tiny holes and such. Also is very rugged and flexible. Anyone hear of something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    start with a self etch primer from an auto paint store.

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    Try Awl Grip paint. My brother used it for his fiberglass sailboat. They make an aluminum version. His sailboat turned out like new. Actually better. Key for any paint job is the preparation work.

5. Member
    Alumigrip or Jetglo. It's what I used when painting aircraft. 1-1 mix with activator and reduced about 10 percent. Can spray directly over 80 grit and only 2 coats needed.

6. Member
    I bought the etching primer and a high quality auto epoxy from an auto paint store and painted my old Alumacraft. Lasted for years and looked great.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gleninaz View Post
    I bought the etching primer and a high quality auto epoxy from an auto paint store and painted my old Alumacraft. Lasted for years and looked great.
    Would you mind describing your process? I have an 88 Lund. What did it cost you to paint it? Thx much

8. Member
    You will need to patch those holes first with something like JB weld or a quickset epoxy fill and sand smooth before you paint. Epoxy paint won’t fill all of those holes .

9. Member
    I just sanded it down with an orbital then used the aluminum etching primer. I bought the expensive automotive urethane and sprayed it. Looked like a new boat for years. I own a furniture manufacturing shop so lots of spray equipment.