Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #FRB
    I could be wrong but I think if you do this you need to use the battery at the end of the line (the one that has the trolling motor ground wire connected to it) as your cranking/acc battery. Other than that just be careful. I doubt you'll come close to draining your batteries with a 36v on that boat though. I battled strong wind with my 24v Ultrex for 8 hours the other day and it didn't seem to stress a pair of group 24 batteries much at all. If you do 3 group 29 Everstarts back there you'll be good to go.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Member
    Just a quick update in case someone else has the same question in the future. After looking for smaller 12 volt batteries I decided it was not worth it as batteries in series don't increase amp hours and did not feel it was worth all the hassle. Was going to go with the 24V ultrex but my fishing trip got cancelled due to covid so not in a rush now. Got to use one this weekend in a tourney and they are amazing although he had a 24V and it was dead toward the end of the day. Not sure if this is normal, also don't know his battery size/age. We did use it a decent amount and there was some wind but expected it to last longer on a 19ft boat. On the plus side Ill be looking for a glass boat now.

Thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12