What is everyone fishing? (Clubs and Tournaments)

The season is approaching. What clubs and tournaments is everyone fishing this season?

Bad bass boys on Thursdays.

I'm on the fence with Greenhorn again this season. Not sure I want to dedicate a weekend day again. Thinking I may just pleasure fish on Sundays this year.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

2. Member
    Bad Bass Boys - Thursday
    NMBA Individual - Sat's
    GH Tour Advanced Sundays

3. Member
    MT3 Elites & Upnorth bass
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Baxter Bass Snatchers Club

5. Member

6. Member
    Minnbass too!

Don’t shoot the messenger but I doubt anybody is fishing a permitted tournament or league this year. Fort Frances Canada. Ass championship has already been cancelled and it’s not held until mid July.

8. Banned
    Nothing everything closed here

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Don’t shoot the messenger but I doubt anybody is fishing a permitted tournament or league this year. Fort Frances Canada. Ass championship has already been cancelled and it’s not held until mid July.
    I think you are wrong. The progress we are making in testing and understanding how to treat this virus is growing on a daily basis. We've still got a full month plus to go before tournaments would be starting up. With that much time on our side I'm betting on American human ingenuity solving issues over the problems the virus presents us with.

I hope you are right but Ontario Already asked tournament organizations to cancel.

11. Lucas M
    Oh.... what do those northern folk know anyway.... JK, I love Canada!

Fishing with the Crow River Bass Casters.

We still have over a month to go before Bass opener. I can't see them calling it. Especially not this early. We moved back from Texas a few years ago. I still watch what my old Texas club is doing. They are still fishing. Just keeping the weigh in line down to one at a time and distanced. All the 100-1000 boat stuff are shifting dates, but the smaller club and pickup events are still running as scheduled.

I did drop Greenhorn this year. I'm going to fish for the fun of it on weekends.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

13. Moderator
    Roland Martin Marine Series on Lake Okeechobee. Maybe some Howie's Southern Bass Tour as a backup if I can make it up to Minnesota this summer :)

14. Member
    i second this!

Minnbass.com

15. Member
    This is what I got back from DNR, last week.

Good evening,

Thank you for contacting the Minnesota DNR.

Would you be able to email us the link to this article because we can’t see to find it? Below is some information we received from our fisheries staff.

Fishing tournaments are not exempt from the stay at home order created by Executive Order 20-20. This was clarified by E.O. 20-38, which specifically called out contests and tournaments as not being allowed under the outdoor recreation provisions of E.O. 20-20. As a result, all DNR-permitted fishing tournaments who had not already cancelled or rescheduled were contacted and given the option to reschedule, or cancel and have their permit fee refunded. Tournaments after expiration of E.O. 20-20 and 20-38 on May 4 are not affected at this time. Future action by the governor could change that situation.

To sum things up…. Fishing tournaments before May 4 are canceled, but ones after May 3rd are still on unless there is another executive order, so stay tuned.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions either by email or by calling 888-646-6367 M-F 8:00 am-6:00 pm and on Saturday 8:00 am-4:30 pm.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    The season is approaching. What clubs and tournaments is everyone fishing this season?

Bad bass boys on Thursdays.

I'm on the fence with Greenhorn again this season. Not sure I want to dedicate a weekend day again. Thinking I may just pleasure fish on Sundays this year.
    I did Greenhorn Sundays for the last two years. Definitely fun and I learned a lot as it was my first tournament experience. I was really on the fence about it this year because I really started to get a solid process down last season and started finishing in the top 5. I ended up deciding to not fish it this year and am going to be going to fish Mille Lacs or other waters and focus on finding bigger size bass.

BTW River Rocket, I think I'd recognize your Allison anywhere. We chatted for a bit during that crazy storm on Rush last season.

Quote Originally Posted by drscholl14 View Post
    I did Greenhorn Sundays for the last two years. Definitely fun and I learned a lot as it was my first tournament experience. I was really on the fence about it this year because I really started to get a solid process down last season and started finishing in the top 5. I ended up deciding to not fish it this year and am going to be going to fish Mille Lacs or other waters and focus on finding bigger size bass.

BTW River Rocket, I think I'd recognize your Allison anywhere. We chatted for a bit during that crazy storm on Rush last season.
    I think we talked a few times. I remember your smallmouth stories from Mille Lacs. I hope to go up this spring. I'm leaving this afternoon for Texas to get the boat. More "Fun Fishing" like you is the same reason I didn't do Sundays this year. Unlike you guys, I didn't get in on the winning part, I rounded out last 5 spots every time.....

LOL, on the Allison. It makes it hard to prop test. I have to rotate lakes because the boat is too easy to remember.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I think we talked a few times. I remember your smallmouth stories from Mille Lacs. I hope to go up this spring. I'm leaving this afternoon for Texas to get the boat. More "Fun Fishing" like you is the same reason I didn't do Sundays this year. Unlike you guys, I didn't get in on the winning part, I rounded out last 5 spots every time.....

LOL, on the Allison. It makes it hard to prop test. I have to rotate lakes because the boat is too easy to remember.
    We certainly didn't win anything. Just had some better finishes at the end of the year. It was fun, but I won't miss waking up at 430 in the morning and driving 45-an hour to get to blast off on time either!