Power King Tires

Has anybody tried the Power King tow max str11 series of tires for there bass boat? Most reviews I read are good.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Looks like they have a 14” option in Load Range D, so they might be worth a look.

The thing that would steer me away from them is the tire is 5 pounds lighter than the Endurance with the same rating. I’m not a tire expert, but that weight reduction and selling for $50 a tire less doesn’t inspire confidence.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Had them on the old boat was not super impressed. They wore evenly and all but at 3 years something let loose internally and lost a tire luckily didnt do alot of damage. When i changed them i looked at the other tire wasnt too far behind it was delaminating too. My local tire shop sold them thats why we tried them it was convenient but there are better options out there.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Go with Endurance, you won't be disappointed.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

5. Member
    I ran 3 sets over 10 years on my single axle trailer. I only ran them for 3 years at a time and swapped out. One of my sets has been on a friends trailer for about 5 years after I took them off. The endurance seem to be wearing a little better - they are stiffer. I never had a failure with any of them. I did have weird wear patterns on one side, but may be the axle and not the tire.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Ran these as the OEM tires on my 2016 Basscat.
    ran them for almost 4 years and swapped them for a new set. Never an issue. These were 15” Load Range E tires.
    haven’t seen or used better for the money. The new Goodyear Endurance are highly touted but after several bad issues with their Marathons, just haven’t gone back.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    If they are made in China i would not trust them. We all know how trustworthy the Chinese are if there is a problem.

8. Member
    Had a 205/75/14 Powerking blow out today at 60 mph. Completely blew to pieces with no vibration, warning or anything. Beat the fender up and scratched the boat up some. Limped on the rim to a hard turn off to put on the spare. Granted the tire was 6 years old (yes, i know) but the tire just exploded! I wont be buying Powerking anymore. Will get a new set of Goodyear Endurance put on next week.