Pellets for Tec Tec 340

I have a Rec Tec on the way. I wanted to see which pellets the Rec Tec users recommend and which ones to stay away from and why.

2. Member
    I dont have a Rectec but I prefer Lumberjack or B&B for my pellet smoker. Ive heard that Cabelas pellets are made by Lumberjack but I dont know thats true or not. I have not heard anything good about Traeger or Pitboss pellets
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

I'm still using the Rectec pellets that I got with my grill. I have about 40 lbs left. After those are gone, I local grocery store carries Lumberjack for pretty cheap. I've heard good things about them. From what I've read, they are the actual wood. I believe the Traeger pellets are a cheaper wood and then they add oils to it to give it the cherry or apple flavor.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye1 View Post
    I have a Rec Tec on the way. I wanted to see which pellets the Rec Tec users recommend and which ones to stay away from and why.
    Lumberjack x100

5. Member
    Buckeye1 look for cookin pellets . I think they are based out of Wisconsin. The only pellets I use.

6. Member
    I'll have to look into cookin pellets. Looking be to buy local when possible.

Love Nashville got to spend a few days there before the stuff to nuts. Love Tootsies and legends.

7. Banned
    I dove deep in the pellet sale when Dicks matched Rural king at 4$ a bag. Lumberjack....Now that I have 2 bags left I'm going to buy another 200$ worth from local dealer. My 340 runs flawless on them and always a decent flavor. I'll continue to buy walmart pit boss for high temp cooks. Save the goods for low n slow.