Power pole issues

My power poles were new on a 2017 boat (im not the original owner). I rarely use my poles but had poled down at the ramp last summer. One wouldnt come back up so in the water i go unhooking lines and what not so i can get it up to put it on yhe trailer. Lost some hydraulic fluid. Got it back in storage, turned the power on and it worked. I used them a couple times and everything seemed fine. I dont use them at all during the winter as im usually fishing deep. This spring the power pole wont move. The light is green on the pump so im not sure what yhe issue is. Has anybody had this happen that might be able to help? When i push the button on the pump it doesnt attempt to do anything
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sync to phone and run any firmware updates via the C-Monster App.

When you function the pole watch the flashing green light and see if it changes color or goes solid. Make note of what it does.

Check inline fuse for any corrosion

Take cap off pump. you will find a white antenna wire. Make sure it is not stuck down into unit. you want it to be right at the top.

if that doesn't work could be a board beginning to show signs of failure but I would try the above first. Update can fix reception issues

3. Member
    Havent done any upgrades to firmware, but when i push the button on the pump the light continues to flash green. When i push it on the other pole the light turns red and the pole works as it should. I took the caps off and didnt find a white wire on either one that would be an antenna. For what its worth everything looked yhe same from the one that worked and yhe one that didnt. Next i guess will be to try to update firmware. Then itll be to send the board back to powerpole or buy a new one

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Havent done any upgrades to firmware, but when i push the button on the pump the light continues to flash green. When i push it on the other pole the light turns red and the pole works as it should. I took the caps off and didnt find a white wire on either one that would be an antenna. For what its worth everything looked yhe same from the one that worked and yhe one that didnt. Next i guess will be to try to update firmware. Then itll be to send the board back to powerpole or buy a new one
    There us no sending the board back, they will just send you a new one. Give them s call explain issue. I think you will be pleased.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    There us no sending the board back, they will just send you a new one. Give them s call explain issue. I think you will be pleased.
    Thank you i will do that. Ill attempt the updating of firmware first but it acts more like a board gone out. I will post with the results i find

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    they will send you a new board if make that determination easy 10 min install and you will be good to go. they will have you run a diagnostic thru the phone most likely.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I took the caps off and didnt find a white wire on either one that would be an antenna. For what its worth everything looked yhe same from the one that worked and yhe one that didnt. Next i guess will be to try to update firmware. Then itll be to send the board back to powerpole or buy a new one
    With that said they are probably early run CM2.0 I am assuming. I never asked this prior.. Again I assume you didn't have to undo any screws to pop the cap off it simply had a latch?

Run update first does sound like boards got an issue

8. Member
    Talked to the guys at power pole. They had me swap the boards and see if the issues followed and they did. They confirmed it was a bad board and are sending me a new one. I didnt have to undo any screws to take the top off, just a latch. It was as good of customer service as ive experienced

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Talked to the guys at power pole. They had me swap the boards and see if the issues followed and they did. They confirmed it was a bad board and are sending me a new one. I didnt have to undo any screws to take the top off, just a latch. It was as good of customer service as ive experienced
    none better

Love those folks at PP!