Thread: Woop woop$$$

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Didn't hear about a "special credit" for 2020 and 2021. Do you have a link to this info?
    Here’s a good article on it. https://money.com/stimulus-check-advance-tax-refund/

2. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.
    Looks like I can stop claiming my daughter as a dependent on next years taxes, let her file her own, and she'll get the $1200 of government monopoly money.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

The fiance and I each got our $1200 deposited in our bank accounts today.
    Considering that we just dropped 14.5k on a new HVAC system, we probably won't be in a big hurry to blow it. We've stimulated enough.....
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

Glad for those that truly need the money...hard to believe a couple making 197,999.00 would need 1200 bucks to get by...if so..that’s pretty sad. Then again, where do you cut off? Must be a whole lot of folks living freaking way beyond their means.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Glad for those that truly need the money...hard to believe a couple making 197,999.00 would need 1200 bucks to get by...if so..that’s pretty sad. Then again, where do you cut off? Must be a whole lot of folks living freaking way beyond their means.
    A married couple making 197,999 with no children will get $5
    https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

P01135809

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Can anybody post a link to the rules involving 18, 19 year old college students still on parent's taxes? Kid has a good summer job and did file tax returns. I hear they will get nothing. Wondering it that is true.
    If they are claimed as a dependent on your taxes, they will not receive a check.

Must be a whole lot of folks living freaking way beyond their means.
    Its the American way. How many people are credit carded to the max. How many people live pay check to pay check and drive around in escalades and BMW's with huge loan payments. I have guys at work with 700k homes making 70k a year. You could get a glimpse of it back in 2008.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Its the American way. How many people are credit carded to the max. How many people live pay check to pay check and drive around in escalades and BMW's with huge loan payments. I have guys at work with 700k homes making 70k a year. You could get a glimpse of it back in 2008.
    I have a feeling the credit card companies are going to get hammered. People with no jobs are not going to do without as long as they have room to charge on the credit cards. They will get themselves in debt to the point they cannot possibly pay off the debt.

P01135809

Might be a slight delay. In an unprecedented move, Trump now wants his name printed on the stimulus checks!

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    I will hold onto mine as well and if times get tough I will have it to fall back on. But when the covid-19 is gone I will use mine to stimulate the power pole economy.

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    A married couple making 197,999 with no children will get $5
    https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/
    Throw in 3 kids and it’s $1550...2 and it’s a $1000...hell of an income to get a stimulus check...if they are spending all of that...they are stimulating pretty good.
    Last edited by dean c; 04-15-2020 at 04:22 AM.

12. Member
    Still waiting on mine. Did paper file for 2018 and electronic for 2019, a lot of people I work with saw deposits into their accounts Sunday night. I am not sure what selection of who gets it when they are using?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

13. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Throw in 3 kids and it’s $1550...2 and it’s a $1000...hell of an income to get a stimulus check...if they are spending all of that...they are stimulating pretty good.
    I'm pretty sure the couple with 3 children that makes $198,000/year didn't get to vote on this stimulus bill...but go ahead and keep bashing them if it makes you feel better.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

I'm pretty sure the couple with 3 children that makes $198,000/year didn't get to vote on this stimulus bill...but go ahead and keep bashing them if it makes you feel better.
    Calm down skippy....wasn’t meant as a bash....I do get your point about the vote.
    Last edited by dean c; 04-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.

15. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Calm down skippy....wasn’t meant as a bash....I do get your point about the vote.
    It's all good. You would certainly think a family making that kind of money would be financially prepared for a time like this....but then again, our economy is (was) kicking because people were doing a lot more spending than saving. I guess they had to draw the line somewhere. And, to the folks on Capitol Hill, $198,000 isn't a whole lot.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

It's all good. You would certainly think a family making that kind of money would be financially prepared for a time like this....but then again, our economy is (was) kicking because people were doing a lot more spending than saving. I guess they had to draw the line somewhere. And, to the folks on Capitol Hill, $198,000 isn't a whole lot.
    You would think at least for a month or two, but I know everything adds up and base base your spending on what they make. This covid thing was a bullet out of the blue, so certainly probably caught a bunch of different income levels off guard. I truly am glad for anyone needing it.

17. Member
    Got mine this morning

21 XD 225 Merc

18. Banned
    Going to buy me another gun.

19. Member
    Got my stimulus check but it seems my tax refund is delayed,,,not sure

20. Member
    If it is a "Stimulus" every tax payer should get it. If it is for hardship " Bailout " only people whos income has been effected should get it. And with the $600 increase in unemployment, those people should be qualified someway, because some are making more now on unemployment than when they were working. So in reality all this really is, is wealth redistribution.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast