Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Tournament loaded - 480lbs of fat guys, ½ tank, wells full. Stock 250, stock 26 Bravo. She's getting there. The Super SHO gonna be a handful on that 202.

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

2. Member
    If that stock 250 speed is a good speed for the hull... I predict 86/87 mph setup well. I would work backwards from there with a prop slip calculator at 9% for starting point.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    Took it out Saturday and it was an absolute zoo on Table Rock. Didn’t even come close to opening it up. It sounds absolutely insane compared to the HPDI. Unbelievably quick. I’m building a bedroom on to our lake house so I’ve been extremely busy. I’ll get a chance to start dialing it in soon.
    Drawer full of new underwear yet?
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    Drawer full of new underwear yet?
    Not yet! I’ve had it out twice and both times with 4 people in the boat. The only thing I’m certain of at this point is it’s got one heck of a hole shot. Lake conditions are going to be terrible for the next few days. We are getting a lot of rain and the lake is going to get nasty.

5. Pat Goff
    Yeah, I don't go out on amateur hour either. We might venture out Monday afternoon after the ravaging hoards move on, but tomorrow morning is going to look like D day around here.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

6. Member
    So what's the word?

Peace,
    Don

The new bedroom at my lake house is almost finished. Everyone is stopping by wanting me to take them for a ride but not wanting to help on the house. I did contact Mark and Steve and they both recommended a 26 Tempest.

8. Member
    The new bedroom at my lake house is almost finished. Everyone is stopping by wanting me to take them for a ride but not wanting to help on the house. I did contact Mark and Steve and they both recommended a 26 Tempest.
    They obviously know their stuff but that prop just seems strange to me. I run a stock 250 hpdi on my 1998 203 and use a 27 Tempest plus blueprinted by Rich Boger. I run 5800-5900 rpms with a light load. Seems like that 26 would be spinning to a crazy number with your engine. Will be interesting to hear your follow up for all of us.

9. Member
    Flashed sho makes power at about 7k. Depending on lower it may make sense.

My Xb21 300 spins a 28 promax through 1.62 gears 94/95, a 30p 98 is at less rpms and a 32p 99 at less rpms. This is the opti downfall making peak power between 5800/6000 rpms and the Beauty of the sho that make power in the higher rpms range allowing for great overall performance. I have to give up 4 mph to be quick

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    Tournament loaded - 480lbs of fat guys, ½ tank, wells full. Stock 250, stock 26 Bravo. She's getting there. The Super SHO gonna be a handful on that 202.

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    Agree, any updates on this 202 balsabee?

Still running the 25 Tempest. I ran it up to 77 at 6100 and didn’t even come close to trimming it out. We left for Colorado yesterday and will be gone for the next three to four weeks. Mark and Steve told me to run a 26 Tempest so when I get back I’m sending my prop to Mark to make it a 26 pitch and have it blueprinted. I wasn’t lying when I said was going to ease into this.

12. Member
    Smart man I would be doing the same thing. What max rpm's can you run with that motor?

LET ER EAT!

Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Smart man I would be doing the same thing. What max rpm's can you run with that motor?
    Rev limiter was set to 7k.

15. Member
    Still running the 25 Tempest. I ran it up to 77 at 6100 and didn’t even come close to trimming it out. We left for Colorado yesterday and will be gone for the next three to four weeks. Mark and Steve told me to run a 26 Tempest so when I get back I’m sending my prop to Mark to make it a 26 pitch and have it blueprinted. I wasn’t lying when I said was going to ease into this.
    I mentioned this before and that is that I run a 27 Tempest blueprinted by Rich Boger on my 250 hpdi. It really has a great hole shot and top end speed for my 1998 203 Champ. Can you explain why that beast of a motor that you have would run a 26 Tempest. I am far from an expert on prop setups but the 26 just doesn't make sense. Just curious as to what Steve and Mark explained to you as they certainly are the prop gurus.

16. Pat Goff
    It’s all about the motors power curve. Whatever it is you want to be right at the top. So that motor is flashed for 7,000 rpms which is where they want to be. The four strokes make their power at a much higher rpm than the two strokes.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    It’s all about the motors power curve. Whatever it is you want to be right at the top. So that motor is flashed for 7,000 rpms which is where they want to be. The four strokes make their power at a much higher rpm than the two strokes.
    That makes sense. I would just think that motor would be able to turn at least a 28 pitch 7000 rpms.

18. Pat Goff
    It very well might. It’s the first of the first. Nobody knows how cold the water is until you jump in.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    It very well might. It’s the first of the first. Nobody knows how cold the water is until you jump in.
    And I’m just barely dipping a toe at the moment.

I know this means nothing for a 202 but when I bought the motor off Wayne Worthy he was running a 26 Bravo on his Stratos into the low 90s and told me at the time I wasn’t that far off with a 25 Tempest. I thought it was odd he said that at the time but Mark and Steve both said the same.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast