Boatmate brake question

So my trailer is a 2014 tandem model with brakes both axles and has been good so far.

I noticed that the skinny little brake hose (the metal tube that jumps from one side of trailer to the other), has broken where it enters the caliper. Based on how shoddy the bends in that pipe were, amazing it lasted this long.

anyway, can this be replaced with rubber and can I get it with the same connectors to match my caliper?

Sorry, obviously not very mechanical, but feel I should be able to handle this repair.

Also, my trailer has a pretty bad clunk when accelerating. When the tongue is working properly, isn’t there a buffer/shock to keep that from happening? Doesn’t happen when stopping, only accelerating. Can that be replaced also?

Thanks

MET
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

Yes sir---IMO should have been done that way to start with. To be honest I've never been a fan of Boatmate trailers. If the channel frame had not been available on this new boat.. I would have been done with them !!! My 2006 model the brake line was routed over the top of the ubolts in such a fashion that the first big bump smashed the line and rendered the brakes useless.

Need to attach it to the top or back side of the axle at the connection and leave enough slack in it to allow for suspension travel. If you use the old brake line and cut it you will need a double flare tool.. however most auto parts stores have pre made lines at various lengths that you can replace with at the Tee connection.

The A-60 brake actuator does have a shock absorber but it really does not help the clunk much even when new.
    I have a receiver hitch with an insert that helps some.. the key to that is to ease your truck forward at first just enough to pull the actuator to the front of slides then gas it.. friend of mine has a Toyota and the throttle is to touchy to do this.

Above is spot on...I too am not a fan of the trailers and or the customer service. I finally bought a new complete actuator that I’m about to install. Easing off like stated above helps...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    With your line broken off the master cylinder is empty and will make that clunk worse. Get that line fixed ASAP because you are getting water in the caliper and it will rust and be stuck fairly quickly. Like was stated above most auto parts stores should be able to fix you up with a line. My experience has been that getting the brakes bled without some kind of a power bleeder or vacuum bleeder is very difficult.

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Exactly what Kevin just said
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Not trying to start any arguments or hurt any feelings but for the price of an Allison why haven't they switched to a better trailer by now? Or built one in house, or have BassCat build them, I understand everyone loves there trailers. I know none of you can make this decision but have the diehard owners and dealers addressed this. Just curious because an Allison is on my radar.

Thanks guys!

appreciate the help.

MET
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by hunter35745 View Post
    Not trying to start any arguments or hurt any feelings but for the price of an Allison why haven't they switched to a better trailer by now? Or built one in house, or have BassCat build them, I understand everyone loves there trailers. I know none of you can make this decision but have the diehard owners and dealers addressed this. Just curious because an Allison is on my radar.
    I asked Nancy about this many years ago. After visiting their facilities they have no place to expand even if they wanted to. And have as work as they can handle as a small family business. Since they only build about 50 boats a year including the race boats they are some what limited to who will work with them.
    My new trailer is made from 6 inch channel, you can get an armour coating and this one doesn't have metal brake lines. IMO it's a much improved trailer

9. Member
    Mike, who built your new trailer. I figured with Boatmate being in Tenn close to the 3 performance boat manufactures is the reason they use Boatmate.

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Boatmate is right down the road from the Allison factory which I'm sure is why they use boatmate.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Mike, who built your new trailer. I figured with Boatmate being in Tenn close to the 3 performance boat manufactures is the reason they use Boatmate.
    Dean,
    It's a boatmate. This is the first Allison I've had they offered a channel trailer. I'm sure glad as I SWORE I'd never own another tube trailer unless it was aluminum.

12. Member
    I have the new channel trailer, and ordered it hot dipped galvanized. No problems with it so far.