Thread: This week

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

This week

Futures are down right now. Any thoughts on the week ahead? Anyone going to try to swing BA tomorrow morning?

2. Member
    The economic headlines are getting more dire. I think the market will start repricing if the impacts will be prolonged. I have orders in for for MSFT and CSCO and if Waste Management falls further below 90 I may pick some more of that up. Its funny reading the REIT section of Seeking Alpha. Half the posters are loading up on some risky REITS thinking things will be back to normal in a month or two and the other half think that many of these will be in bankruptcy. Strange times for sure.

I'm looking at buying this week if it drops. I should have jumped in a week ago, but thought it would drop lower and then it sky rocketed. If it drops back down to where it was, I am going to jump in on some stuff. Probably take a risk on some CCL, not sure what else I am going to jump in on.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    The economic headlines are getting more dire. I think the market will start repricing if the impacts will be prolonged. I have orders in for for MSFT and CSCO and if Waste Management falls further below 90 I may pick some more of that up. Its funny reading the REIT section of Seeking Alpha. Half the posters are loading up on some risky REITS thinking things will be back to normal in a month or two and the other half think that many of these will be in bankruptcy. Strange times for sure.
    I'm thinking about swinging/daytrading some of the riskier REITs if there's another pullback. Those posted in that other thread looked like a lot of fun. Definitely not going long on any of them though right now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I'm looking at buying this week if it drops. I should have jumped in a week ago, but thought it would drop lower and then it sky rocketed. If it drops back down to where it was, I am going to jump in on some stuff. Probably take a risk on some CCL, not sure what else I am going to jump in on.
    I'm in the same shape and plan to do the same. Of course, I'm sure as soon as I load up heavily it'll break the bottom

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Earnings start coming in heavy this week. I'm not planning on doing anything this week unless we get back to the lows. I'm at a point of either adding with new lows or adding after a few weeks has passed.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Earnings start coming in heavy this week. I'm not planning on doing anything this week unless we get back to the lows. I'm at a point of either adding with new lows or adding after a few weeks has passed.
    I'm curious to see what happens in earnings. NKE rallied hard after theirs, I wonder if it will be the same with similar companies

Market started off in the red this morning. I hate to say it, but I hope it continues to fall for a couple days so that I can jump in after missing my opportunity the other week. Once I get it, it can skyrocket.

9. Member
    Yeah, same here. BA is red also.

10. Member
    Anyone buying red today, or are you waiting for better prices?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Anyone buying red today, or are you waiting for better prices?
    I have limit orders still in from when it was lower so just waiting for it to drop more to fill hopefully.

12. Member
    I have limit orders still in from when it was lower so just waiting for it to drop more to fill hopefully.
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time buying at these prices. I feel like it should be down a lot more.

13. Member
    Well I did cave in and bought a very very small position in Realty Income. 20 shares at 53. If it drops back into the 40s I may buy 80 more and then just have the dividends automatically reinvest for a few years for a bigger position. I still think there is a lot of near term risk with this one but it was a very small purchase just to start a position. I had to hold my nose a bit

14. Member
    Well I did cave in and bought a very very small position in Realty Income. 20 shares at 53. If it drops back into the 40s I may buy 80 more and then just have the dividends automatically reinvest for a few years for a bigger position. I still think there is a lot of near term risk with this one but it was a very small purchase just to start a position. I had to hold my nose a bit
    I got distracted and missed market close so I didn't buy any today. May buy something after hours, but I doubt it. Hopefully we'll be red tomorrow too

I don't think that's a bad buy on your part. I can see how it'd be tough to execute it though

Didn't add to any positions. Sold Ford at the bell, and that seemed to be the smart move. I did grab a few MGM though. That is one I want to grab before the virus goes away. I will chip away at shares over the next few weeks. This virus isn't going away anytime soon. Its certainly going to be an interesting next few weeks to see how everything does. Some of these businesses won't be operating anytime soon, so there was no reason at all why they were in green for 2 straight weeks. SBUX,CCL, and PLNT to name a few.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRanger View Post
    Didn't add to any positions. Sold Ford at the bell, and that seemed to be the smart move. I did grab a few MGM though. That is one I want to grab before the virus goes away. I will chip away at shares over the next few weeks. This virus isn't going away anytime soon. Its certainly going to be an interesting next few weeks to see how everything does. Some of these businesses won't be operating anytime soon, so there was no reason at all why they were in green for 2 straight weeks. SBUX,CCL, and PLNT to name a few.
    Nope, it makes no sense, but here we go with green again. I feel like an idiot for not buying yesterday, as always. Next time I don't buy on red, someone reach through the screen and smack me

17. Member
    So Trump's supposed to make an announcement of some sort today. That should send us flying one way or the other, right? Any guesses as to what it will be?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Nope, it makes no sense, but here we go with green again. I feel like an idiot for not buying yesterday, as always. Next time I don't buy on red, someone reach through the screen and smack me
    Don’t beat yourself up. Anyone who is trading in these times is just putting the ball on red or back and spinning the wheel.

If Trump says the wrong thing, the algorithms will take today’s gains away in a heartbeat.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Don’t beat yourself up. Anyone who is trading in these times is just putting the ball on red or back and spinning the wheel.

If Trump says the wrong thing, the algorithms will take today’s gains away in a heartbeat.
    True, nothing makes sense at all now.

20. Member
    Anyone know why Tesla is running?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast