Thread: This week

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Nope, it makes no sense, but here we go with green again. I feel like an idiot for not buying yesterday, as always. Next time I don't buy on red, someone reach through the screen and smack me
    It will head back down again. We may be mostly shutdown into a June and the real economic impacts from this are just starting. JP Morgan and others are putting aside a lot of money for loss reserves. They are looking down the road and don’t like what they see. I haven’t been making any big purchases just adding very lightly to just a few stocks and I have actually sold more into this rally than bought.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    It will head back down again. We may be mostly shutdown into a June and the real economic impacts from this are just starting. JP Morgan and others are putting aside a lot of money for loss reserves. They are looking down the road and don’t like what they see. I haven’t been making any big purchases just adding very lightly to just a few stocks and I have actually sold more into this rally than bought.
    That's the best move I would say. I'm curious to see what Trump's announcement is today and how the market responds.

3. Member
    Alright guys, I did some buying today, so I'd probably set stop losses because I'm sure the market's going to tank now

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Alright guys, I did some buying today, so I'd probably set stop losses because I'm sure the market's going to tank now
    Well at least you saved yourself from getting smacked

5. Member
    Well at least you saved yourself from getting smacked
    True

6. Member
    My son wants to sell two shares of his 5 share position in Tesla and try to buy back at lower price. He has 3 shares at 546 and two at 700. It got an upgrade today but I would think it will drop below 700.

7. Member
    My son wants to sell two shares of his 5 share position in Tesla and try to buy back at lower price. He has 3 shares at 546 and two at 700. It got an upgrade today but I would think it will drop below 700.
    I would agree with that

I'm done trying to make sense of all of this. I told myself yesterday I'm going to buy in red and don't do anything in green. I would get trigger happy when I'd see green for a couple days. Its just all smoke an mirrors

9. Member
    ROKU's having a good day. Should have saw that coming after the last earnings announcement, and before honestly

10. Member
    Sounds like promising news on Gilead's Remdesivir. It wasn't a formal trial but doctors using it reported that patients who took this drug recovered in an average time of 1 week and were discharged from the hospital. The formal trial results should come in at the end of the month and if they are consistent with what the informal results were then this could be some good news for Gilead and the country as a whole.

11. Member
    Things popping now

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Hold on to your butts. The chase is really going to begin
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Hold on to your butts. The chase is really going to begin
    Well I finally have a profit on Gilead after holding on to it through the flat year. I was thinking of selling the news but I'm going to risk it and hold onto it for the release fo the formal trial results.

14. Member
    Dang, I'm glad I went ahead and held. I was going to do some selling tomorrow to play NFLX and SNAP earnings on Tuesday, but I may just stay where I'm at.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I noticed AMZN is at an all-time high 4/16/20 closed 2408.19. Back when all the COVID 19 panic started to hit it fell to 1676.61 on 3/12/20. It's 52 week average is 1866. Darn stuff is like a roller coaster taking $100 swings on a daily basis. Heck in less than 5 weeks it's up 732 from when the panic set in about COVID 19.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I noticed AMZN is at an all-time high 4/16/20 closed 2408.19. Back when all the COVID 19 panic started to hit it fell to 1676.61 on 3/12/20. It's 52 week average is 1866. Darn stuff is like a roller coaster taking $100 swings on a daily basis. Heck in less than 5 weeks it's up 732 from when the panic set in about COVID 19.
    Yep, I should have started swing trading these swings back when it all started instead of looking for cheap prices.

17. Member
    We're not as deep green as I thought we may be today.

18. Member
    Are you guys going to sell any today, or hold?

19. Member
    Anyone sell today? I almost did some, but I went ahead and held off and none of my limit sells filled.

20. Member
    I didn't do anything today. At this point I'm just going to sit back and see how things shake out. I would think at some point it drops again but this market is all over the place.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast