Pre spawn is heating up in southern Utah.

Here in Southern Utah the prespawn is in full swing. The big girls are starting to move up and making things interesting.

This fish went 6lbs even on the digital scale. We caught several over 5lbs in the last week or so and it’s getting better.
    EB7ED915-DEAF-4383-8C16-210A0DC84A6F.jpeg
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Chunker
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

3. Member
    Nice fish!!

4. Member
    Pictures shouldn't be allowed here...LOL It makes people jealous...LOL Nice fish though and glad someone out there is getting to enjoy it. The spawn will be over by the time we probably get back on the water around here.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    I wish we could still get ups there. We absolutely smashed them the day before they locked them down to county residents only... And we were the only boat on the water. Now the closest open launch to us is 2+ hours, hopefully we can back out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbay1 View Post
    I wish we could still get ups there. We absolutely smashed them the day before they locked them down to county residents only... And we were the only boat on the water. Now the closest open launch to us is 2+ hours, hopefully we can back out there soon.
    Looks like you may be in luck if the Governor opens everything back up May 1st. I’ll be back out Monday.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Pictures shouldn't be allowed here...LOL It makes people jealous...LOL Nice fish though and glad someone out there is getting to enjoy it. The spawn will be over by the time we probably get back on the water around here.
    I guess your locked out of DVL. I miss taking with Megan at Last Chance!

8. Member
    Looks like finally something good happened tonight! No more 2 hour drives to launch. I just hope the people from Vegas don't blow Sand Hollow up and get it shut down again.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I guess your locked out of DVL. I miss taking with Megan at Last Chance!
    Yes. Every local lake here is shut down. I had made a trip up to the Delta March 16 for 5 days and was last time on the water. Sorry that was the last time because the weather was lousy and fishing not much better...LOL I really hope Megan (Last Chance Tackle) and Dan (Last Chance Marine) make it through this mess and get back in business. All of them are good people!
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Yes. Every local lake here is shut down. I had made a trip up to the Delta March 16 for 5 days and was last time on the water. Sorry that was the last time because the weather was lousy and fishing not much better...LOL I really hope Megan (Last Chance Tackle) and Dan (Last Chance Marine) make it through this mess and get back in business. All of them are good people!
    Megan Is a trooper! She was instrumental in getting the launch ramp extended years ago.

If all else fails at least you can order a Pizza at Milanos.

Looks like finally something good happened tonight! No more 2 hour drives to launch. I just hope the people from Vegas don't blow Sand Hollow up and get it shut down again.
    I let out a little scream when Governor Herbert made the announcement. I’ll back on Sand Hollow Monday, Wed and Friday.

12. Member
    I was there The 22nd through the 24th, found quite a few still on beds. Biggest two were around 5 lbs. each. Heard I got outta there just in time, the weekend sounded like a nightmare down there! I live up in Northern Utah, but make trips down south several times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
    I was there The 22nd through the 24th, found quite a few still on beds. Biggest two were around 5 lbs. each. Heard I got outta there just in time, the weekend sounded like a nightmare down there! I live up in Northern Utah, but make trips down south several times a year.
    Yeap! You just made it out. We have been invaded by Nevada. It’s going to be crowded until school starts back up in August.