Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polyurea flooring

Just wondering how the people who have the poly flooring are liking it?. I know the big positive is being easy to clean... what are some of the other positives and negatives you have seen. Does it get overly hot to the touch?

I have a 2080 with the poly flooring, it does get pretty warm in the extreme summer time but i still would love it.
    Probably gonna try and get the sea deck on it when Vexus offers it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by wall3315 View Post
    Just wondering how the people who have the poly flooring are liking it?. I know the big positive is being easy to clean... what are some of the other positives and negatives you have seen. Does it get overly hot to the touch?
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

3. Member
    Positive is, it's so easy to keep clean.

I still haven't had it out in 90+ weather but 80+. It wasn't hot enough to burn. The seats were a lot hotter.

Con, the biggest for me is, your lids are going to rattle when going down the lake. You don't have the carpet to keep everything snug.
    Also, I find the finish not to be 100% perfect. I see it peeling along the edges of the lids and such. Not the end of the world. Don't know if it will get worse but yeah.

4. Member
    I stopped by the Vexus dealer in Hattiesburg, MS about 3 weeks ago. All of there AVX’s are Poly and they had some side consoles and center consoles sitting size by side. Weather was low 70’s sunny and no clouds. The grey poly on side consoles was hot to the touch... more than I thought it would be. The white poly on the center consoles was actually cool to touch. It felt cooler than the air temperature and was an eye opener. They also had an Xpress center console with white poly and it was cool to the touch also. I know the grey would hold a little more heat but didn’t think it would be as much as it was. I wonder if you can order a bass style with the white poly?... that question is for you S. Clark.

You don't have to wait on Steve, my 1880 was built with a white poly floor. Hope to have it in a week or so.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    You don't have to wait on Steve, my 1880 was built with a white poly floor. Hope to have it in a week or so.
    This week is going to feel like 10 years for you.... what color did you order? I think a Blue with white bottom and white poly flooring would be my choice.

The blue and white is an awesome combo for sure. One issue I have with that is it is UK colors and I can't have that

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    The blue and white is an awesome combo for sure. One issue I have with that is it is UK colors and I can't have that
    Good Point!.... now if I could only get them to offer a boat in Maize and Blue!

Ha Ha!

A friends father had the IN personalized license plate "GO BLUE" from when they first started issuing them until he passed away 3-4 years ago. Steve had one of the screwed to his coffin.

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wall3315 View Post
    I stopped by the Vexus dealer in Hattiesburg, MS about 3 weeks ago. All of there AVX’s are Poly and they had some side consoles and center consoles sitting size by side. Weather was low 70’s sunny and no clouds. The grey poly on side consoles was hot to the touch... more than I thought it would be. The white poly on the center consoles was actually cool to touch. It felt cooler than the air temperature and was an eye opener. They also had an Xpress center console with white poly and it was cool to the touch also. I know the grey would hold a little more heat but didn’t think it would be as much as it was. I wonder if you can order a bass style with the white poly?... that question is for you S. Clark.
    Off Course you can :-)

11. Member
    Is there an up charge for white poly over the grey on a side console?

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i don't think so, you just have to order the boat with the color pf poly you want

I was not charged extra for the white

14. Member
    I have a 1980cc with the white poly floors. Love them. No noise from the lids rattling, but obviously noisier than carpet. Fished for 6 hours in 80 degree temps and the floors stayed nice and cool. Also comfortable on bare feet. They do clean up nice, but on the flip side show dirt more readily than carpet. All in all, no regrets whatsoever.

15. Member
    I would not think your lids would rattle just because there is no carpet, Boatnoobie. Rubber trim seals, compression locks, whats to rattle. There are several
    high dollar south Florida boat builds that chatter like hell, because the locks are not adjusted, or even have no locks or closures on them.
    I have been in several flats skiffs that will drive you crazy rattling. Hope I offend no one here, Hells Bay, Maverick, Hughes, these are all big name and very expensive
    boats for what they are(great boats by the way). Now to be completely fair I have not been in one that was built in the last 6 to 7 years either. But again the Vexus lids with out carpet should not rattle at all, if the locks are closed and properly adjusted.

16. Member
    Mr Pickel, Not all of the lids have seals. Ex: Step, Livewells, Battery Compartment and Center Glove Box if equipped. They slam hard if you drop the lid. I can see those rattling. I also see the underside lip of the aluminum lids cutting through the carpet some day on my boat and digging into the deck where it is painted. Eight trips out ant the paint in that area is scuffing already. Looks pretty but not very practical.
    Last edited by KennyVexus; 07-27-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

17. Member
    KennyVexus, yes I stand corrected. I ordered my boat with latches on the step, just because of that reason. I also have SeaDek throughout. I dont have the "glove box" as they call it, instead got the 3rd seat. Thanks for pointing that out KV.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    KennyVexus, yes I stand corrected. I ordered my boat with latches on the step, just because of that reason. I also have SeaDek throughout. I dont have the "glove box" as they call it, instead got the 3rd seat. Thanks for pointing that out KV.

Curious to see how they did the latch in the step. That would need some additional welding etc. Not a bad thing but want to see how they did it and how it turned out.

Any pics?

19. Member
    20200804_171514.jpg20200804_171659.jpgKennyVexus I will send pics as soon as the boat gets here. supposed to be here next week.
    Last edited by Chuck Pickel; 08-06-2020 at 12:05 PM.

20. Member
    You can always put rubber pads on the corners to stop the rattling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast