Size of oh numbers?

I just bought an out of state used boat and need to buy new Oh numbers and wondering if the state require 3” or 4” numbers and letters plus there is an oh number on the new title would that be the new number from the state or is that a dealer number? Due to the virus can’t get thru to the state or dealer.

You could call Knox Marine tomorrow morning and ask for Steve Dalton.
    He should be about to help you.
    Their phone number is 740-694-7774

They are a great marine to service your boat too!
    Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

3. Member
    They also are supposed to be solid. No outlines, or two tone last I checked, although I ran a previous boat for years and was only questioned about my two toned outlined numbers one time.. Lake Erie

Minimum 3" High

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Ya there supposed to be 3" block script and be of solid contrasting color. They used to give me some grief on my old Bullet that were 2 tone fade . Never kept me off the water but I had to play dump several times.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

"OH numbers" won't be on the title. You'll have to get an Ohio registration in addition to the title. You can do it by mail if the dealer didn't already take care of that part. New registration # will be your OH number.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    Ya there supposed to be 3" block script and be of solid contrasting color. They used to give me some grief on my old Bullet that were 2 tone fade . Never kept me off the water but I had to play dump several times.
    YES! I got pulled over by ODNR in my old boat because my numbers went from light gray to dark gray - he stated the above. Before I changed them, I contacted the main ODNR office - who referred my email back to the same officer that pulled me over. LOL! He was really nice though - I explained I wasn't doubting him or trying to get him in trouble, just wanted to know since I couldn't find it anywhere and wanted to know before going thru the trouble of changing my letters. He said it was ok and forced him to find it - turns out it's a US Coast Guard requirement now, since 911. So YES - this above info is correct and you may be pulled over and ticketed if you have dual colored numbers or if they aren't BLOCK style lettering.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

8. Member
    If the state ever opens up again I’m going to get my number then get 3” block numbers to place on my boat. Thanks to everyone for helping!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    YES! I got pulled over by ODNR in my old boat because my numbers went from light gray to dark gray - he stated the above. Before I changed them, I contacted the main ODNR office - who referred my email back to the same officer that pulled me over. LOL! He was really nice though - I explained I wasn't doubting him or trying to get him in trouble, just wanted to know since I couldn't find it anywhere and wanted to know before going thru the trouble of changing my letters. He said it was ok and forced him to find it - turns out it's a US Coast Guard requirement now, since 911. So YES - this above info is correct and you may be pulled over and ticketed if you have dual colored numbers or if they aren't BLOCK style lettering.
    I have been breaking the law for about 14 years. 2 boats. I'll sure I'll get stopped sometime.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    I have been breaking the law for about 14 years. 2 boats. I'll sure I'll get stopped sometime.
    I've gotten a written warning. I'm sure the next time will be a ticket.