Question Pedestal Seat Base Tightening/Replacement Help

Checking to see if anyone in the Skeeter family has had to tighten or replace the rear pedestal seat base. I have an 07 ZX225 and in is under the carpet and is extremely loose. Thank you for any help.

2. Member
    Sent you a pm

3. Member
    I had that problem twice on my 04 ZX225. They are a pain in the butt. There is a thread on here that you can searchthat really helped me tighten mine back up. Hopefully, the pm Avid sent you hasthat info. If not, do a search on this site.

Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I’m curious about this as well. Care to post what the PM was about so that everybody could benefit? I’ve been told the carpet has to come up and also been told it’ll just tighten from underneath. I never think about it until we’re on the water and notice it loose though.

5. Member
    Well add me to the list and mine is new! I was really pissed off about it.
    First time the wife gets in the new boat and her seat wouldn't secure down.
    Kinda makes it hard to justify the cash spent, when something simple has failed.

6. Member
    I was able to tighten mine a few years ago without doing anything with the carpet. It has been good ever since. This is somewhat hard to describe but I will do my best. You can gradually tighten the pedestal by putting pressure on the post from side to side as you tighten the bolts. You need to create some resistance so that you are able to tighten the bolts as you work your way around. If you continue to rotate the pressure and tighten the bolts you will b able to get it tight without taking anything part.

Send me a pm if you have additional questions and I will try to work you thru it on the phone.

After finally getting mine tight, I realized now that the threads on my pedestal base are stripped. The pole won't tighten. I was able to take of my read deck lid and safely pull the carpet back to access the base. Anyone ever tried buying a new pedestal base from Skeeter?

8. Member
    I screwed the pedestal all the way in and put a 3/4 nut on the bottom then tighten it up

9. Member
    Does anyone have the link to this fix?