Thread: Amazed at Geist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Lot of hand wringing and crying in here about lakes maybe getting closed due to tourney guys but I keep going to all these empty ramps and wondering where you non tournament guys are?!? I was the only sorry sob on Monroe today, where you boys at?
    I had to go to 3 lakes last Wednesday to find a parking spot. Up here lakes are getting hammered.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I had to go to 3 lakes last Wednesday to find a parking spot. Up here lakes are getting hammered.
    Same here. Be at the ramp before 8am or you'll have park at the back of the lot or in the grass. With the weather the last several days I can see the ramps not being used much.
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

Lot of hand wringing and crying in here about lakes maybe getting closed due to tourney guys but I keep going to all these empty ramps and wondering where you non tournament guys are?!? I was the only sorry sob on Monroe today, where you boys at?
    I've fished tournaments for over 30 years and some of us SOB'S only have the opportunity to fish 500 to 800 acre lakes and the ramps have been packed, but still it's nice to get out and enjoy just being out on the lake. And really, there are very few that would want to be out yesterday with 30mph winds and 35 degree wind chill. That's why the ramps where empty.

4. Banned
    I admit I’ve only been a couple this year, but Saturday at Patoka there was us and one other boat using the Newton Stewart North ramp. South ramp obviously had more boats, but overall the lake was empty

5. Member
    Some of us are still working... but also not complaining about not having the time..
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

6. Member
    I’m just going to stay warm and dry and let the wind blow. And stay home.

7. Member
    Lee, So, if I can’t go fishing on a Monday, it makes me a sorry SOB to worry about people screwing it up for everyone?
    I’m not hand ringing about guys having tourneys. I don’t give a crap if those guys have anything, spread anything or get anything. I just know what has happened with other outdoor recreation stuff already.
    People hanging out in parking lots and riding MTB trails together at BCSP got all the state parks closed for riding MTB’s by the DNR. So if people see lots of guys hanging out at weigh-ins, even if just at a couple lakes, the idiots at the DNR will end up closing it because of the outcry. I’ve already had people flip me off and tell me I need to stay home when I have been pulling my boat to the lake in last couple weeks.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Lee, So, if I can’t go fishing on a Monday, it makes me a sorry SOB to worry about people screwing it up for everyone?
    I’m not hand ringing about guys having tourneys. I don’t give a crap if those guys have anything, spread anything or get anything. I just know what has happened with other outdoor recreation stuff already.
    People hanging out in parking lots and riding MTB trails together at BCSP got all the state parks closed for riding MTB’s by the DNR. So if people see lots of guys hanging out at weigh-ins, even if just at a couple lakes, the idiots at the DNR will end up closing it because of the outcry. I’ve already had people flip me off and tell me I need to stay home when I have been pulling my boat to the lake in last couple weeks.
    Hey fellow Hoosiers!
    I’m an Ohio guy that works in an essential business and love fishing with my 9 yr old son. We live in the tristate and fish Brookville mostly because of its quality and clean fishery. Ive paid DNR Lake permit and fishing liscenses every year for many and follow all creel limits down to the Cm. With that said I’ve been there a few times the last few weeks and it’s been packed but I’ve personally not seen any unnecessary crowds or tournaments going on. Now California and Michigan has enforced laws to stop fishing as a whole to any public ramps with any motor driven vessels. I feel bad for them and would hate to see the tri-State follow suit.
    My favorite get-Away is a day on the water with my boy fishing.
    Guys, please no tournaments....it’ll f$&@ it up for all of us who are just trying to enjoy with a safe distancing manner, a day on a beautiful Lake trying to forget the chaos and enjoy Gods Reality.
    Tight lines to the True fisherman!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ200sx View Post
    Hey fellow Hoosiers!
    I’m an Ohio guy that works in an essential business and love fishing with my 9 yr old son. We live in the tristate and fish Brookville mostly because of its quality and clean fishery. Ive paid DNR Lake permit and fishing liscenses every year for many and follow all creel limits down to the Cm. With that said I’ve been there a few times the last few weeks and it’s been packed but I’ve personally not seen any unnecessary crowds or tournaments going on. Now California and Michigan has enforced laws to stop fishing as a whole to any public ramps with any motor driven vessels. I feel bad for them and would hate to see the tri-State follow suit.
    My favorite get-Away is a day on the water with my boy fishing.
    Guys, please no tournaments....it’ll f$&@ it up for all of us who are just trying to enjoy with a safe distancing manner, a day on a beautiful Lake trying to forget the chaos and enjoy Gods Reality.
    Tight lines to the True fisherman!!

10. idbefishing
    I'm sure Fishers police isn't busy these days so they'll be patrolling it.

11. Member
    Should have talked pictures of everyone in the tournament so when the ramps get closed we know who to point to for screwing all of us out of fishing.

12. Member
    Don’t you fishermen that frequent Gueist, have to buy a lake permit Specifically for that lake as well as pay a high fee to launch?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Don’t you fishermen that frequent Gueist, have to buy a lake permit Specifically for that lake as well as pay a high fee to launch?
    There isn't any lake permit needed currently, but it's possibly in the works. There is a ramp use fee for each visit, but the ramp workers aren't there because of COVID-19.

14. idbefishing
    That lake will be super packed with nobody collecting ramp fee

Quote Originally Posted by indiana01 View Post
    Should have talked pictures of everyone in the tournament so when the ramps get closed we know who to point to for screwing all of us out of fishing.
    Lmfao!!! Sure, let's turn the whole state into one giant HOA full of nosey f's giving everyone a hard time thats not following some temporary rules.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Not sure if there is a reported case of fisherman dying due to a tournament weigh-in from Covid-19. We don't need more game wardens either. You guys that want more policing, be careful for what you wish for.
    How did you do in the tournament? Lol

17. Member
    Lmfao!!! Sure, let's turn the whole state into one giant HOA full of nosey f's giving everyone a hard time thats not following some temporary rules.
    SMHIDB...!!!
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

18. Member
    Some of you just aren't happy unless you have something to complain about, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by hardestyeric View Post
    Some of you just aren't happy unless you have something to complain about, are you?

Well we are fisherman, living in Indiana....

20. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foulhook3 View Post
    Well we are fisherman, living in Indiana....
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast