Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Motor boats outlawed until quarantine is over...

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    She bit off more than she can chew at this point. She messed with the wrong dudes on this one.

The way this order was written is laughable. So they use "services" , presume gas, as a reasoning. How in the hell do you get to the parks to exercise ? Is the kayaker floating on a magic carpet ride to get to the launch. NO they are loading it into their vehicle and taking it there. They are still using non-essential fuel to do it. Not sure why motorized watercraft are getting tagged.

SHE done messed up A-Aron.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    So they use "services" , presume gas, as a reasoning. How in the hell do you get to the parks to exercise ? Is the kayaker floating on a magic carpet ride to get to the launch. NO they are loading it into their vehicle and taking it there. They are still using non-essential fuel to do it. Not sure why motorized watercraft are getting tagged.
    I agree, I appreciate the severity of this problem and what she is trying to do but if that’s the reason then she should ban all boating equally and also close down the parks unless you can walk to them. Neither of which I want because we enjoy fishing and taking our dogs trail walking. Sucks... but I did call the County Sherif Marine Department and they did confirm if the boat has a motor you will be fined $1,000

What if I only use my trolling motor?
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

5. Member
    The wording that they said to me was if it has a motor it is illegal. They didn’t say if you were using it or not, just if it has a motor. As much as I want to get out there I’m not looking to be fined $1,000

6. Member
    Well it's a sad day in Michigan that the state is ran more liberal than California. Takes a special kind of moron to think the way she does that's for sure. This extension of hers will do nothing to help the spreading of an overrated disease but instead put a lot of families and businesses in a world of hurt financially.

7. Member
    This is complete garbage. Our leaders have failed us.
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

8. Member
    We went to Selfridge for the heck of it. Talked to a CO that was at the entrance. You are NOT getting in if it's got a motor. The CO's just wanted to shut them down but got overruled by someone. Great guy that is not looking forward to the next 5-7 days. He knows he is going to bear the brunt of it. They will have a CO at each launch in this area for enforcement.

He said they will also be working out on the water and if you're out there $1000 per occupant. Zero exceptions. If this is going to be the case I don't understand why they can's simply increase the fine to 5 or 10K if you're caught abusing the current order. Sounds like they have to be out their regardless so set some examples, word will spread and the problem children will go away.

9. bullyfish
    You all voted her in You get what you get you can’t teach stupid it is laughable ��������

Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    You all voted her in You get what you get you can’t teach stupid it is laughable ��������
    I won’t let her off the hook, because she has greatly over stepped her authority IMHO. But, that being said, we had guidelines in place that said no fishing with anyone outside your home. I was on st Clair and the Detroit River 3 times this week and saw countless bassboats with 2-3 guys of about the same age, numerous 16 -18 ft walleye boats on the DR with 4-5 guys jigging away. We are all getting punished because of these folks. The rebels that say you can’t let the government take your rights away. You have a right to be stupid, just do it in a way that doesn’t F the rest of us.

Hopefully this is done by the end of April.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I won’t let her off the hook, because she has greatly over stepped her authority IMHO. But, that being said, we had guidelines in place that said no fishing with anyone outside your home. I was on st Clair and the Detroit River 3 times this week and saw countless bassboats with 2-3 guys of about the same age, numerous 16 -18 ft walleye boats on the DR with 4-5 guys jigging away. We are all getting punished because of these folks. The rebels that say you can’t let the government take your rights away. You have a right to be stupid, just do it in a way that doesn’t F the rest of us.

We've seen the same problem here. I've seen a lot of posts where people claim that the people not following the guidelines are in the minority. It's not true. The majority of the people at the ramps and on the water are completely ignoring them and it's just not worth the time, expense and manpower to police that. Whether it's an overreach or not we were told it would happen and it did.

12. Member
    I have been fishing several times the last two weeks. I have stayed local, and the ramps were very empty. No issues with social distancing. No abuse that I have seen. Might be different at the Detroit River, or other popular locations. Even the Michigan United Conservation Clubs has submitted a letter to the governor and the media on her overreaching.
    Guess i will be fishing out of my canoe or kayak on the lakes and Lake Michigan. Or fishing from my brothers sailboat.
    Hobie Holder 20 ft.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post

I agree, 100%

14. Member
    Hmmmm. I live on a private lake so I will fish that. That being said, we have ZERO. CO’s in this county. They come around from time to time but rarely. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I guess I’ll probably just chase birds in 5 days.

Insanity! Plus telling residents how far they are allowed to drive! I just found out about the order on this thread. Extremely ticked off people.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

16. Member
    Kayak sales about to skyrocket.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

https://www.change.org/p/gretchen-wh...gned_interrupt

pleez donate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Any Boat that requires gas or maintenance is banned--Why?? What about Cars?? You all voted for her--

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill22 View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/gretchen-wh...gned_interrupt

pleez donate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Get a petition going to remove her and I will donate!!

20. Member
    Understandably we are all upset. We need to find a way to get the point across. A legal and just protest of some sort. Again, I spent time on the water with my two boys during this time. It was our one release after adhering to the rules M-F, with work and school and now that has been stripped away.

Make the fines so severe that enforcing them pays for itself 10X over. Then SHE can "fix the damn roads" with the money after paying the OT to support it. Make the fine $10K per person AND enforce it. There is no recourse for "fighting" the ticket, don't allow it. The order is clear.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast