Thumbs Up Lynx/300 G2 Props

Just throwing this our there for anyone who is interested.

Have a 18' Lynx with a 300 G2 that I ordered new. Boat/motor combo has been fantastic. Very pleased with both but felt like I could do a bit more with regards to prop choice. Holeshot has always been OK, Lynx is nose sensitive and knew it could use more lift, and I felt there was more available on the top end. Came from BC with a 26" Raker HO 3 blade. After talking with several people and doing a lot of online research, many were saying the Bravo 1 4 blade was a good alternative. Hate the thought of experimenting with $$$ props! Most information I found said to increase pitch 1" over a 26 so I thought a 27" Bravo 1 was what I needed but Elwood has been looking for the right prop on his Eyra/300R combo and I happened to see he was getting ready to sell a 28" Bravo 1. So long story short we chatted a bit on the phone, deal was done, and I was able to get the prop mounted last week.

My brother and I (he has a 19' Puma with a 250XS) practiced a little "social distancing" Wednesday with him in his boat and me in mine! When I first punched it I could feel it lugging a bit more but almost immediately the RPM's jumped up and I thought it was blowing out (all 4 plugs are out) as the nose settled down and the boat started coming on plane. But its not. That's just how much faster it is unloading and accelerating! Several times we both started side by side and I break over much faster and quickly start outpacing him. As most, I'm carrying way to much crap in the boat, and this is with full fuel, 60 gallons, and 10' poles. Mid-range acceleration is fantastic and cruise at 60-65 is effortless, sitting on the pad very well with no walk. With the Raker, 71-72 was about all I could get but now seeing 74-75 at 5850.

With everything I'd read, I really thought the 28" would be to much prop but it seemed to respond to the G2 very well. I was able to secure a 27" Bravo 1 that I'm going to try but the 28" is working way better that I expected!

Better holeshot, better midrange, and better top end! How can you go wrong with that?

Thanks!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

2. Member
    G2 is a BEAST!!! he only has a merc on his!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Call Ronnie Gilbert. He may be able to make that 27 walk away from the 28 Bravo.
    Or he could make the 28 Bravo even better.
    I have found its better to be slightly under propped and it worked up, than the other way around.

Otherwise, glad you found the prop to get the performance your looking for!!! Makes a lot happier boat owner!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    I've thought about letting him tweek one to see what he can do with it. I want to run the 27" to see what its like stock then go from there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Call Ronnie Gilbert. He may be able to make that 27 walk away from the 28 Bravo.
    Or he could make the 28 Bravo even better.
    I have found its better to be slightly under propped and it worked up, than the other way around.

Otherwise, glad you found the prop to get the performance your looking for!!! Makes a lot happier boat owner!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

5. Member
    I am happy that the prop worked out for you!...I know that it has 85 MPH in it.....lol I believe that you will love the 27 in the summer and it will give you a little better hole shot and mid range punch. You will more than likely have to move back to the 28 during the colder months to stay off the limiter. Mr Gilbert can work miracles with the Fury and may be good with the Bravo...not sure. I gave him a T-2 to tweek and really saw no difference in performance on a Yamaha SHO. Maybe I was just the unlucky one because everyone else has seen advantages to using his skills but most that have seen gains have been running Mercurys. Please!!!!....dont take this as a negative feedback on Mr Gilbert and the magic that he has for the majority of his customers. Good luck with the 27 and let us know how it runs!
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    Thanks again for your help. I'll keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I am happy that the prop worked out for you!...I know that it has 85 MPH in it.....lol I believe that you will love the 27 in the summer and it will give you a little better hole shot and mid range punch. You will more than likely have to move back to the 28 during the colder months to stay off the limiter. Mr Gilbert can work miracles with the Fury and may be good with the Bravo...not sure. I gave him a T-2 to tweek and really saw no difference in performance on a Yamaha SHO. Maybe I was just the unlucky one because everyone else has seen advantages to using his skills but most that have seen gains have been running Mercurys. Please!!!!....dont take this as a negative feedback on Mr Gilbert and the magic that he has for the majority of his customers. Good luck with the 27 and let us know how it runs!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

7. Member
    I think I'm sending my prop to Elwood....just so he can rub on it and touch it...….cause everything he touches is FAST !!!!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

8. Member
    If you do that you will have to pay for the shipping each way. All these props are getting expensive.......lol I have been very fortunate to have gotten strong motors on already fast BCB products. I expected nothing but Strong out of the R motor.....lol I also love to drive the boat, I think a lot of the times that make a big difference and the fact that I am willing to try a variety of props (Bank is hurting). I have two on order and have tried a total of five so far. I will get it right one day and hopefully be able to help others get the most out of their BCB with out having to buy several props.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!