Thread: Claremore Lake

Claremore Lake

Any one ever fished Claremore Lake? Fam and I went up there to hike and get outside last weekend and it looked kind of interesting. Thought about running up there tomorrow morning for a bit but wasn't sure if you can run/navigate it pretty easy? Don't want to tear anything up!

I haven't fished it in a long time, there is a speed limit on it either 35 or 40 I can't remember. Don't run the upper end, mid lake to the damn is fine, going up lake about a little past mid lake is a long shallow point that runs out quite a ways and just past that is a submerged island you used to be able to see the stumps and timber on it, just past that island is the upper lake and it starts to shallow up that standing timber you see is in 2-3 feet of water and there is a creek channel that SNAKES thru there and it might be 20 feet wide if that. It's a 900 acre lake and fun to fish. fish the weeds on the lower end and the lay downs on the upper end.

I have not fished it in a couple of years, Thursday night was the weekly jackpot, weekends there was a lot of Kayaks and bank fishing. Tough to catch a keeper 15”. Like 11 pounder said upper end hard to run, the 2 coves on the west and the cove to east back to Happy Lake is good too.

4. Member
    Thanks guys! I ran out of time this weekend but going to try one evening soon.