Power Pole Question

Hi y'all, hope everyone out there is staying safe.

Recently I have been thinking about putting a Power Pole Micro on my 16ft fiberglass Nitro. I think the full size poles and talons would be a bit overkill for a smaller boat like mine. Has anyone had any experience using the Micro on a boat bigger than kayaks? They offer a "heavy duty" pole made for jon boats/skiffs/boats up to 1500 lbs...my boat is rougly 1400-1500lbs so I assume it would be fine. Just thought I'd throw this out there just in case anyone had first hand experience using the micros.

Thanks for any input and be well!
    -Wes

2. Member
    I thought the micro was specifically for kayaks or similar? I think the regular size pp would be just fine on a 16' boat
    Cheese County Bass Club

3. Member
    I've got a Micro on my Tracker Panfish. It does a nice job of holding the boat.
    Tracker Panfish 16

4. Member
    I would think that if you use a dual setup, like typical bass boat setups, that you would be fine. A single pole I would stick with a regular powerpole. I think one of the main factors you should consider is the amount of flex that is exhibited on the poles when they are deployed and a dual setup, especially with the micros, would be handle that stress much better.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469